This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Flash 8 shuts down everytime? HELP

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.5730.0011)

I have been unable to use Adobe/Macromedia Flash 8, 2004 or MX for ages.I have reinstalled it that many times I am going crazy.The program always starts up and as soon as I move the mouse or pen(from tablet) I get the following pop-up

[external image: Posted Image]
I click on it and get this
[external image: Posted Image]
and then this log is saved as is below? Any help would be greatly appreciated as I really enjoy making cartoons in Flash.Thanks















































Hello, This error message is caused by non-standard driver software included with some tablet devices. You can check with your tablet's manufacturer to see whether an updated driver is available. You can also try using Ctrl+Alt+Del to close down the Wintab32.exe program, and then go to your C:\Windows\System32 folder (or wherever this file is located on your system) and rename Wintab32.exe to Wintab32.xxx. This will prevent the faulty software from launching, and in many cases you will still be able to use your tablet. If this doesn't work, you can always change it back. Regards, Ax

Thanks Ax, I shall try that and get back to you!

Ta


:D :D :D :D :D :D
I cannot believe you solved this for me.I is working so far so thanks for saving the hair left in my head! Just wondering though changing that file wintab, will that effect anything else?

Thanks so much

Cheers :thumbup:
You're welcome. You will have to monitor your system. If there are any issues that you experience, change it back and check with your system's manufacturer for driver updates. Cheers, Ax
acecad's website has disappeared, it was based in Taiwan, but as you say I can change back when not using flash.BTW the pen and tablet still work as well, bonus!

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI