Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal
Slow PC Help Requested
10 min read
ajberryjr
no errors found on the Blacklight program scan….
little eagle
In add and remove programs remove IE7.
Reboot the PC, see if that helps.
ajberryjr
I removed IE7 but it didn't help – same sluggishness after 5-10 minutes of operation…
I am wondering if it's something with the power supply or that there is some related heat problem???
I am wondering if it's something with the power supply or that there is some related heat problem???
In add and remove programs remove IE7.
Reboot the PC, see if that helps.
little eagle
HD Tune is a Hard Disk utility which has the following functions:
* Benchmark: measures the performance
* Info: shows detailed information
* Health: checks the health status by using SMART
* Error Scan: scans the surface for errors
* Temperature display
http://www.hdtune.com/
Start the program then , minimize it the temp should be displayed.
See if it starts over heating.
* Benchmark: measures the performance
* Info: shows detailed information
* Health: checks the health status by using SMART
* Error Scan: scans the surface for errors
* Temperature display
http://www.hdtune.com/
Start the program then , minimize it the temp should be displayed.
See if it starts over heating.
ajberryjr
It is currently running at 42 degrees C.
If you look back on the screen capture it was also running at 42 on that one too.
I don't know what the correct temp should be but do you think that is high?
I have a Dell Inspiron 8200 laptop which makes me wonder if it's dirty within the inner workings. I have used compressed air in the card slot area, the battery slot, and all the other places I can get too without taking it apart.
If you look back on the screen capture it was also running at 42 on that one too.
I don't know what the correct temp should be but do you think that is high?
I have a Dell Inspiron 8200 laptop which makes me wonder if it's dirty within the inner workings. I have used compressed air in the card slot area, the battery slot, and all the other places I can get too without taking it apart.
HD Tune is a Hard Disk utility which has the following functions:
* Benchmark: measures the performance
* Info: shows detailed information
* Health: checks the health status by using SMART
* Error Scan: scans the surface for errors
* Temperature display
http://www.hdtune.com/
Start the program then , minimize it the temp should be displayed.
See if it starts over heating.
little eagle
It does seam a little hot.I have a Dell Inspiron 8200 laptop
There are two little gears by the exit button click on that it does allow you to change to fahrenhiet. Also so the temp at the bottom will change to a red color if it is getting a little to hot.
Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI