This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Script causing IE and Firefox to run slowly.

3 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

When I log into http://www.care2.com then access my email within care2 the following has just started to happen. I get the following dialog box:

"The Script on this page is causing IE to run slowly - If it continues to run, your computer may become unresponsive. Do you want to abort the script?". If I click NO, the page opens that I wanted, if I click YES, I get a partly loaded page - I then go to Task Manager/Application and it shows "not responding" against care2 pages open, so I end the task.

I have checked my Internet Option/advanced/browsing, but cannot locate a problem with the items enabled. I have not touched any settings within Internet Options/advanced at this stage. The same thing happens when I use Firefox.

Thanks, would be pleased of some help when possible.

Happy New Year to all :D

PS. I think the new format is great on here.
Tallin, I think you have CleanUp! 4.51? Run it. I think you have updated your JAVA Runtime Environment, but if not, uninstall it and get the most recent version 6 installed. If you have the most recent version, go to your JAVA control Panel and Clear the Cache (allow it to delete all files I think you have Spybot S&D and Ad-Aware SE installed? Update the .dat files for both using their automatic update feature. Then run both and allow them to remove/fix what they find. If the "script" problem persists after the above……… Run and Post a HJT Log > Post over into the Malware Removal Forum Please keep us posted with your progress Best Regards
Thanks Dough for your post -

Yes I have and do run and have run Cleanup 4.5.1

Java is now updated to Build 1.5.0 (build 1.5.0_10-b03

I ran Spybot, five problems found all related to Firefox, all deleted now.
Data files on Spybot and all other Antiispyware is updated daily.
I do not have Ad-aware, it will not update on this machine?

I have just tested the care2 site and the problem is not evident anymore.

Thank you very much for you help. :(

When I log into http://www.care2.com then access my email within care2 the following has just started to happen. I get the following dialog box:

"The Script on this page is causing IE to run slowly - If it continues to run, your computer may become unresponsive. Do you want to abort the script?". If I click NO, the page opens that I wanted, if I click YES, I get a partly loaded page - I then go to Task Manager/Application and it shows "not responding" against care2 pages open, so I end the task.

I have checked my Internet Option/advanced/browsing, but cannot locate a problem with the items enabled. I have not touched any settings within Internet Options/advanced at this stage. The same thing happens when I use Firefox.

Thanks, would be pleased of some help when possible.

Happy New Year to all :D

PS. I think the new format is great on here.

:D Thank you Sweller3 for your post, . It was an out of date Jave problem that Dough solved for me.

Happy New Year to you.


Why not suppose it's a problem with the website? How long have you been trying?

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI