This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Firefox Unresponsive Script Warning

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello I have AOL email and I can't open it on my laptop. I get the Unresponsive script warning. If I close firefox and open my IE– I can read my mail. Besides the obvious "use IE" answer LOL, is there any way to fix this? I have updated to the latest FF. Thanks just sara
Try starting FF without Add-ons. Click on Start then All Programs then Mozilla Firefox then FireFox (Safe Mode). See if you can read your mail then. If yes then you have a Add-on (plugin or extension) that is causing the problem. To figure out which one, open FF then click on Tools / Add-ons. Click on the Extension tab and start disabling them till you find the culprit. If not there, click on the Plugin tab and do the same.
Hi Ztruker: Tried the safe mode with out any luck.. I tried some of the things from the link you posted as well. I'm still geting the same problem. I'm still going through them but wanted to post and let you know I appreciate your help. So i'll post later after I try some other things Thanks just sara
Hi Sorry I was gone a few days and did not check in. does creating a profile use a lot of resource/ space? Thanks just sara
No, very little. If it turns out to be a corrupted profile then I'll give you link to directions on how to copy any of your data from the old one to the new one.
That's good new Sara, here is the info:

To copy all your user data over to a new account:

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=811151

Or follow these directions posted in GeeksToGo.com
  • Boot to Safe Mode, login as Administrator
  • Browse to c:\documents and settings\OldUserAccount
  • Select everything in that folder, including sub folders, except the three files called ntuser.dat, ntuser.dat.log, and ntuser.ini.
  • Copy all those files into c:\documents and settings\NewUserAccount. Reply Yes or Yes to all when duplicate folders or files are found.
  • Reboot the computer and login with your New user account.
Once you confirm that all your documents are located in My Documents of the New user, you can delete the old profile.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI