Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Firefox Unresponsive Script Warning

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 just sara

just sara

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 06:34 PM

Hello I have AOL email and I can't open it on my laptop. I get the Unresponsive script warning. If I close firefox and open my IE-- I can read my mail. Besides the obvious "use IE" answer LOL, is there any way to fix this? I have updated to the latest FF. Thanks just sara

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Waking each morning to see the green side of the Earth!

Posted 30 March 2010 - 06:58 PM

Try starting FF without Add-ons. Click on Start then All Programs then Mozilla Firefox then FireFox (Safe Mode). See if you can read your mail then. If yes then you have a Add-on (plugin or extension) that is causing the problem. To figure out which one, open FF then click on Tools / Add-ons. Click on the Extension tab and start disabling them till you find the culprit. If not there, click on the Plugin tab and do the same.

Rich

Die with memories, not dreams. – Unknown

#3 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Posted 30 March 2010 - 07:02 PM

Also see here: http://support.mozil...sponsive Script

Rich

#4 just sara

just sara

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 04:00 PM

Hi Ztruker: Tried the safe mode with out any luck.. I tried some of the things from the link you posted as well. I'm still geting the same problem. I'm still going through them but wanted to post and let you know I appreciate your help. So i'll post later after I try some other things Thanks just sara

#5 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 08:48 PM

Try creating a new FireFox profile, see if the same problem occurs there:

Rich

#6 just sara

just sara

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 03:28 PM

Hi Sorry I was gone a few days and did not check in. does creating a profile use a lot of resource/ space? Thanks just sara

#7 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 07:03 PM

No, very little. If it turns out to be a corrupted profile then I'll give you link to directions on how to copy any of your data from the old one to the new one.

Rich

#8 just sara

just sara

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 01:21 PM

yay!! that did the trick. just need help transferring my junk over thanks so much just sara

#9 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 02:36 PM

That's good new Sara, here is the info:

To copy all your user data over to a new account:

http://support.micro...om/?kbid=811151

Or follow these directions posted in GeeksToGo.com
  • Boot to Safe Mode, login as Administrator
  • Browse to c:\documents and settings\OldUserAccount
  • Select everything in that folder, including sub folders, except the three files called ntuser.dat, ntuser.dat.log, and ntuser.ini.
  • Copy all those files into c:\documents and settings\NewUserAccount. Reply Yes or Yes to all when duplicate folders or files are found.
  • Reboot the computer and login with your New user account.
Once you confirm that all your documents are located in My Documents of the New user, you can delete the old profile.

Rich

#10 just sara

just sara

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 03:49 PM

Thank you so much for your time just sara