Hi,
I was wondering if anyone could help me try to fix this error I'm getting when trying to launch the .exe I downloaded from Microsoft to reinstall .NET Framwork. When I double click on the exe I download on my computer I get a pop up that says:
SL227.tmp - .Net Framework Initialization Error
please set registry key:
"HKLM\software\microsoft\.NetFramework\InstallRoot to point to the .Net Framework installation location".
Any help on this problem would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Hello Jonallen,
Could you please tell me what version of the Microsoft .NET Framework you are trying to reinstall? Also, have you tried uninstalling prior to the reinstallation?
Thanks,
Ax
Yes, thanks for the reply….
I'm trying to reinstall Microsoft .NET Framework version 1.1 I have already uninstalled it. I uninstalled it a while back because it was giving me trouble with it's updates and I figured that I don't need it anyway. But….now I need to have it back for a new software I'm running. The new software won't install unless it's there.
I'm running windows xp home edition.
Version 1.1 of the .NET Framework seems to have some issues with the Windows Installer. I am working on a computer right now with a similar issue and found the following links helpful:
Ax,
I followed the directions from the MajorGeeks website and all seems to be fine now. I was able to reinstall .Net 1.1 and also update to .Net 2.0 with no problems. and the installation of the software I was trying to install is now fine too.
I really apperciate your help in this matter. I probably would have been a reck for weeks pulling my hair out trying to figure this all out on my own.
Thank you again
Jonallen,
That's great to hear!
I'm glad it worked for you, that was actually the fix that I used as well. Thanks for posting back and you are very welcome.
Ax
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI