This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Installer

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I have been having a heck of a time with .NET Framework 1.1 or whatever version I try. Some time ago I want to try my hand at Mods for a game and found myself having to many problems. Since then my .NET has been getting worse. Now I can not install any type of program…to many different types of errors to tell here. This is soon going to be just a work horse computer because of the new one I built recently. My version of Win XP is old pre SP2 so to reinstall is such a hassle, but if needed I will do it. I just don't want to loose all of the programs I use and re-installs of them all would take forever. Any suggestions?
I just uninstalled Win XP and reinstalled it then went through all the updating and downloading. Just for info here I timed the windows install process. I DL at 350+Kb/sec and I started at 10 AM it completed at 6 PM. Windows is surely on it's way out…to many I'm watching you and your computer hassles, and we are still buying Microsoft products that the world knows are faulty and then we pay for support of a product that never was completed correctly in the first place…Can anyone say Class Action Lawsuit from every user of an incomplete product being sold and then charging to fix it…I think so. LOL had to speak my mind or what's left of it.
Hi Just a thought, but when you get everything set up and updated and generally running sweetly it might be an idea to take an "Image" of your system, using something like Drive Image, Ghost, Acronis or Paragon (I'm sure there's a lot more, but these are the only ones I know) If the worst comes to the worst and you need to format and reinstall then the whole job can be done in well under the hour (last time I did it it took about 20 mins) then I just had to do the last few updates by hand so to speak. Hope this helps Regards paws

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI