There is a problem with my harddisk since today. I had a 80G harddisk divided into 2 partitions (C: for data, E: for WINXP), which had been running for some years. Today I delete some files (SHIFT+DEL) on C: but no space released (stayed in 80.1MB). I also checked "Recycled bin" but no file found. This problem didn't happen before. What should I do? Please help.
Yan Yan
Hi,
Sorry to hear of the problem with the hard drive space.
As you know, using the Shift + Delete usually bypasses the Recycle bin and deletes the file's reference position so that particular disc space is available to the operating system to write data to in the future.
Before doing anything else it might be wise to do a "clean up"
Read all the notes on the website to get a good understanding of what the application does before proceeding.
On Windows XP systems emptying the Prefetch will slow down your system slightly for the first one or two reboots before the benefits, begin to come through.
For an in depth technical description of the next steps for you to consider, (if the above does not fix the problem) you can go here: