This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Vista mouse-pointer issue

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I installed Vista a few months back, and immediately began having trouble on certain websites with the mouse pointer jumping across buttons. I've tried asking for microsoft help, but no help there. Anyway, the problem only occurs on the web, and can occur on sites with lots of buttons-links, or sometimes when only a couple are showing. I move the pointer to a button and it acts as if the button or link is a hot potato jumping sometimes an inch or two away from it and not allowing me to click on it. On occasion I've been able to "sneak up" on the link from below, or from one direction or another and quickly click before the skip, but most times when it occurs, you just have to give up on using the site. on control panel the mouse shows to be working properly, and the proble only occurs when accessing certain websites. I've also tried changing to another mouse, but the same thing happened with it. Any Ideas?
Thanks for replying. The mouse is a compaq MO42KC, PN#5187-1786. normal ps-2 compatible mouse. Settings are double click speed medium, no on click-lock, medium pointer speed, no on snap-to, no on display pointer trails, yes on hide pointer while typing 3 on vertical scrolling, 3 on horizontal scrolling. Device status: device is working properly.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI