Help would be much appreciated
Gracey
Well, I never thought I'd be posting here for help. Been a long time since I've been here, and things have sure changed. I posted this here, but it may well end up in the HJT log section…
Today (from very early this morning) I've run into some problems and I can't figure them out.
Running Win2000Pro SP4; IE 6 (current updates); 1 gb Ram (not sure what else you need to know at the moment)
When I started up today it seemed rather slugglish and some of the startups seemed to hang for a while. When I checked the process list explorer was using about 85% of the memory.
I ran HJT and checked the logs…didn't find anything much I didn't recognize from previous logs. Had HJT run a startup report…still nothing unusual.
Hit a couple of places I check regularly on the net and downloaded an image from a forum I frequent to help someone with a PS fix. Opened CS2 (slow going that was) and then tried to open the image - but it got hung up (this was small low res .jpg, which shouldn't be a problem). Finally got all that closed and ran a scan on the .jpg file - nothing.
Last night before I shut down I installed a new JRE runtime update (update 10) which I didn't check first (should never do that, I know), so I went (with a lot of lag time and hanging) to the control panel and uninstalled it. Then rebooted.
Still hanging.
Uninstalled the old AVG antivirus (which it's been prompting me to do for a couple of weeks now) and installed the new version. While I was at it, I uninstalled Agnitum Outpost (free edition), just incase (had a previous issue with this when I installed cyberhawk which someone recommended to me). Rebooted. Updated AVG and ran a full scan.
Updated and ran Spybot S&D; and A2 - found a few minor pains (a couple of malware traces and a few tracking cookies; some 'missing/shared dlls for cyberhawk - all of which I fixed with spybot), but nothing that would account for this. Ran spybot again, this time just checking the system internals and start up scan and found something there (in the startup scan) I've never seen before:
Located: System.ini, crypt32chain
command: crypt32.dll
file: crypt32.dll
Located: System.ini, cryptnet
command: cryptnet.dll
file: cryptnet.dll
Located: System.ini, cscdll
command: cscdll.dll
file: cscdll.dll
Located: System.ini, PixVue
command: C:\Program Files\PixVue.Com\PixVue\bin\WinLogon.DLL
file: C:\Program Files\PixVue.Com\PixVue\bin\WinLogon.DLL
size: 45056
MD5: f2b364cb8c26038b60e337f662b9be05
Located: System.ini, sclgntfy
command: sclgntfy.dll
file: sclgntfy.dll
Located: System.ini, SensLogn
command: WlNotify.dll
file: WlNotify.dll
Located: System.ini, wzcnotif
command: wzcdlg.dll
file: wzcdlg.dll
Previous Spybot startup scans have never shown these items (though I recognize the Pixvue one), and I didn't notice them showing in HJT startup lists either. These items have a checkmark next to them, so they aren't disabled. I don't understand why (since these are supposed to be necessary dlls for the windows systems) these suddenly show up in this manner - I know they were part of the system, though these are also highlighted on the list (and the info says if they are highlighted they have changed since the last scan). So, I went into Spybot recovery and restored the most recent fixes. Still nothing.
I am at a loss - frustrated and tearing my hair out now. I'm a photographer and I've got to be able to use CS2 - it's fully registered and activated - storebought copy in a box and I've been using it for a while with no problems like this.
Help would be much appreciated.
New Hijack This log:
Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 2:24:53 PM, on 12/29/2006
Platform: Windows 2000 SP4 (WinNT 5.00.2195)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)
Running processes:
C:\WINNT\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\services.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exe
C:\WINNT\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\AMD\Cool'n'Quiet\GemServ.exe
C:\Program Files\AMD\Cool'n'Quiet\gemback.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\LightScribe\LSSrvc.exe
C:\WINNT\System32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\Program Files\PixVue.Com\PixVue\bin\Daemon.exe
C:\WINNT\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINNT\system32\regsvc.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\MSTask.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\stisvc.exe
C:\WINNT\System32\WBEM\WinMgmt.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\WDBtnMgr.exe
C:\WINNT\SOUNDMAN.EXE
C:\WINNT\shico.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\hpcoretech\hpcmpmgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Hp\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\jusched.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\Google Talk\googletalk.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\rundll32.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\1.2.908.5008\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqgalry.exe
C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SpybotSD.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE
C:\Program Files\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: SpywareGuard Download Protection - {4A368E80-174F-4872-96B5-0B27DDD11DB2} - C:\Program Files\SpywareGuard\dlprotect.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar3.dll
O3 - Toolbar: @msdxmLC.dll,-1@1033,&Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINNT\system32\msdxm.ocx
O3 - Toolbar: &PixVue - {B28B4479-D9C2-41D1-B74D-74A1827037CD} - C:\Program Files\PixVue.Com\PixVue\bin\PixVue.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar3.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Synchronization Manager] mobsync.exe /logon
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AtiPTA] atiptaxx.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WD Button Manager] WDBtnMgr.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SoundMan] SOUNDMAN.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINNT\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [shico] C:\WINNT\shico.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Component Manager] "C:\Program Files\HP\hpcoretech\hpcmpmgr.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Software Update] C:\Program Files\Hp\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroFilterCheck] C:\WINNT\system32\NeroCheck.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_CC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe /STARTUP
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [googletalk] "C:\Program Files\Google\Google Talk\googletalk.exe" /autostart
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [swg] C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\1.2.908.5008\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
O4 - Startup: Adobe Gamma.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O4 - Global Startup: HP Digital Imaging Monitor.lnk = C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe
O4 - Global Startup: HP Image Zone Fast Start.lnk = C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqthb08.exe
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: Related - {c95fe080-8f5d-11d2-a20b-00aa003c157a} - C:\WINNT\web\related.htm
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Show &Related Links - {c95fe080-8f5d-11d2-a20b-00aa003c157a} - C:\WINNT\web\related.htm
O9 - Extra button: Trashcan - {072F3B8A-2DA2-40e2-B841-88899F240200} - C:\PROGRA~1\Agnitum\OUTPOS~1.0\trash.exe (file missing) (HKCU)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Show Trashcan - {072F3B8A-2DA2-40e2-B841-88899F240200} - C:\PROGRA~1\Agnitum\OUTPOS~1.0\trash.exe (file missing) (HKCU)
O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=39204
O16 - DPF: {215B8138-A3CF-44C5-803F-8226143CFC0A} (Trend Micro ActiveX Scan Agent 6.6) - http://housecall65.trendmicro.com/housecal…ivex/hcImpl.cab
O16 - DPF: {6E5E167B-1566-4316-B27F-0DDAB3484CF7} (Image Uploader Control) - http://www.vistek.ca/digitalphoto/orderpho…geUploader4.cab
O16 - DPF: {7E980B9B-8AE5-466A-B6D6-DA8CF814E78A} (MJLauncherCtrl Class) - http://www.mumbojumbo.com/web/luxorar/mjolauncher.cab
O16 - DPF: {A18962F6-E6ED-40B1-97C9-1FB36F38BFA8} (Aurigma Image Uploader 3.5 Control) - http://submit.shutterstock.com/ImageUploader3.cab
O16 - DPF: {AB86CE53-AC9F-449F-9399-D8ABCA09EC09} (Get_ActiveX Control) - https://h17000.www1.hp.com/ewfrf-JAVA/Secur…loadManager.ocx
O16 - DPF: {ABB660B6-6694-407B-950A-EDBA5A159722} (DVCDownloadControl) - http://download.games.yahoo.com/games/web_…loadControl.cab
O16 - DPF: {B8BE5E93-A60C-4D26-A2DC-220313175592} (ZoneIntro Class) - http://cdn2.zone.msn.com/binFramework/v10/…ro.cab53083.cab
O16 - DPF: {DF780F87-FF2B-4DF8-92D0-73DB16A1543A} (PopCapLoader Object) - http://zone.msn.com/bingame/popcaploader_v10.cab
O16 - DPF: {EB387D2F-E27B-4D36-979E-847D1036C65D} (QDiagHUpdateObj Class) - http://h30043.www3.hp.com/aio/en/check/qdiagh.cab?326
O16 - DPF: {F127B9BA-89EA-4B04-9C67-2074A9DF61FD} (Photo Upload Plugin Class) - http://walmart.pnimedia.com/upload/activex…tupv2.0.0.9.cab?
O20 - Winlogon Notify: PixVue - C:\Program Files\PixVue.Com\PixVue\bin\WinLogon.DLL
O23 - Service: Adobe LM Service - Adobe Systems - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe Systems Shared\Service\Adobelmsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - Unknown owner - C:\WINNT\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Alert Manager Server (Avg7Alrt) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Update Service (Avg7UpdSvc) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
O23 - Service: AVG E-mail Scanner (AVGEMS) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exe
O23 - Service: Logical Disk Manager Administrative Service (dmadmin) - VERITAS Software Corp. - C:\WINNT\System32\dmadmin.exe
O23 - Service: AMD PowerNow! ™ Technology Service (GemServ) - Advanced Micro Devices - C:\Program Files\AMD\Cool'n'Quiet\GemServ.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: iPodService - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: LightScribeService Direct Disc Labeling Service (LightScribeService) - Hewlett-Packard Company - C:\Program Files\Common Files\LightScribe\LSSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINNT\System32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: PixVue - PixVue.Com - C:\Program Files\PixVue.Com\PixVue\bin\Daemon.exe
O23 - Service: Pml Driver HPZ12 - HP - C:\WINNT\system32\HPZipm12.exe
(sorry, it's a big one)
I've also got a copy of the Spybot startup report (where the entries in quotes came from) if it's needed.
Thanks.
Forgot to mention: I also ran a repair on IE and CS2 with no better results; and I've already removed the two leftover outpost entries on the log.