This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

My computers is all kinds of messed up!

3 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Well recently posted a copy of my HJT log but it has been slow at getting a good responding, I"m not conplain, don't get me wrong, but these computer probelms are driven me nuts. Seems like something new happens everyday.

Here is the link to my HJT log and what I was told to do so far.

http://forums.tomcoyote.org/index.php?act=…=27&t=68295

I'll start out with my computer specs and then go to the problems.

Compaq Presario R3000 Notebook
Priduct Number DP533AV
1GB of Ram
AMD Athlon 64 1.99 GHz Processor
80 GB Hard Drive
Windows XP HE SP2

First problem is windows takes a long time to start up and even reach the log in screen, then after logging in, it takes awhile for programs to settle and be able to do anything.

Second problem is while watch videos on IE it always seems to crash and pop up an error screen which says
"The following add-on was running when this problem occurred:
Add-on Name: Flash9.ocx
Company Name Adobe Systems Incorportated
Description: Adobe Flash Player 9"

Folllowing that pop up I can another say that Internet Exlpore as encountered a problem and needs to close.

Third problems is when I'm using windows media player to play videos that are on my computer, It happens to almost all videos that I play. The error on this reads
" Runtime Error!
Program C;\Program File\Windows Media Player\wmplayer.exe
abnormal program termination"

Fourth Problem is not being able to connect to my wireless network, most of the time. Well it's not my network. My best lives next door to us, and has High Speed Internet and a wireless router, so we splt the cost of the internet. I was get the Limited or No Connectivity Error Message and it'll do that for a few days and go back to work, I know it's not his network, cuz he can connect to it.

Fifth program just start the other day, I can't change my Power Schemes. Everthing on that tab is grayed out. So now my computer, shuts off and goes on stand by as it pleases. (kinda weird if you ask me). The way I noticed this is I always sit my laptop not to stay on when I close it, and the other day I close it and it started shutting down. Somehow all of my power options got changed, and I'm the only person that uses the computer.

Last problem is when I got up this morning. I turned on the computer and got a pop up at the log in screen saying that I don't have a genuine copy of windows. I know that it's my copy cuz it came with the computer preinstalled when I brougth the computer from HP brand new.I stay up to date with the updated from Microsoft so I know it arn't that.

Here is the bad thing. I wouln't even mess with this stuff and would break the restored disc and just redo it all but somehow my restore disc got cracked so I have to wait to get a new one. So until I can afford to get a new one I would really love someone to help me get all this stuff on the up right.

Thanks in Advance
Jeremy
Also it takes forever to doing anything on. Things like starting programs, browsing through file on my computer or doing anything on the internet . Seem like i have no ram or something I don't. Driving me crazy lol. Jeremy

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI