visitor123
Topic Starter
i used partition magic to delete an unallocated space in my disck and lost my operation system.
i.e no longer able to load windows xp.
I ran the win XP CD loaded windows XP in a different partion (C:\). now, i can log in to the
new partion in C:, but not the original one in D:\.
When I Right clicked MyComputer icon, then clicked on PROPERTY > ADVANCED >
> SETTINGs button in the startUp and Recovery section
and found only 1 oprating system in the '" Default operation system'" field:
<…" Microsoft Windows xp Professional" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect…>
I clicked on EDIT button and found the following:
<… [boot loader]
timeout=45
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect..>
– should it be like that even though there are 2 operating system in drive D:
and another one in drive C:.
If this is wrong. can I change it , and how.
or may be it is not related. but i think 2 operating system should be shown
there, for me to choose the default
I appreciate any suggestion .
thank you
i.e no longer able to load windows xp.
I ran the win XP CD loaded windows XP in a different partion (C:\). now, i can log in to the
new partion in C:, but not the original one in D:\.
When I Right clicked MyComputer icon, then clicked on PROPERTY > ADVANCED >
> SETTINGs button in the startUp and Recovery section
and found only 1 oprating system in the '" Default operation system'" field:
<…" Microsoft Windows xp Professional" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect…>
I clicked on EDIT button and found the following:
<… [boot loader]
timeout=45
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect..>
– should it be like that even though there are 2 operating system in drive D:
and another one in drive C:.
If this is wrong. can I change it , and how.
or may be it is not related. but i think 2 operating system should be shown
there, for me to choose the default
I appreciate any suggestion .
thank you