This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

IPWINS.EXE?

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

While I await feedback on my earlier post about my w32.TrojanDownloader.agent problem, I noticed in my HijackThis log that I had a process running called ipwins.exe . I've been getting little error messages this week about this 'program'. I tried doing a search online and it seems it's some sort of adware. Also tried a search in these forums about it and a LOT of people have this ipwins.exe in their logs.

What the heck is this thing? How can we remove it?
If you find you are running ipwins.exe in your hijack logs, I recommend running SpyBot. If that doesn't get rid of it, remove ipwins.exe from Add/Remove programs, then run SpyBot and reboot. We've managed to clear it and other malware tied to it.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI