This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

iTune Jitters

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

My iTunes sounds like a scratched CD whenever I play it on my computer. I have approx 44 processes running and my PF usage is approx 426 MB and my CPU usage varies from 25 % to 80%. Thanks.
It seems this issue may be RAM-related. How much RAM is installed? Try to determine which programs are using the most CPU by sorting by the CPU column in Task Manager. End any processes you know are unnecessary (System Tray shortcuts and such). Also, if you haven't already, try defragmenting your hard drive (Start–>All Programs–>Accessories–>System Tools—>Disk Defragmenter). Let me know if this helps, Ax
I have defragged the computer, however it didn't help. I am starting to believe as well that it is also something to do with the RAM (1.79GHz, 1.00 GB of RAM). The processes that are taking the most out of my CPU usage are Firefox and RTvscan. If you need anything else, please let me know. Thanks!
I apologize for dragging this topic back up, but I hadn't realized there was another response until now. Rtvscan (Symantec Real Time scanner) can take extreme amounts of CPU while running. Check the settings for your AV to see what is going on. Alternatively, there is information on Symantec's website about the issue (http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/ent-security.nsf/pfdocs/2005042710304248), as well as in a Google search on rtvscan.exe.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI