Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93085 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Google Bars

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 DougB

DougB

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 06 November 2006 - 09:33 PM

Over time I have accumulated many saved addresses in both my search and address bar is there a way I can remove the ones I do not wish to save .This is my first time here looks great for info

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 bizarrebob

bizarrebob

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts
  • Interests:Computers. Video games.

Posted 07 November 2006 - 07:56 AM

if you're using internet explorer, click tools, then internet options, then clear cookies and history. hope that works. if not , let me know.

::: My Spec :::

Windows 7
Intel Core Duo @ 2.8ghz
4gb OCZ RAM @ 1066mhz
ATI 4870 512mb

The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online

#3 DougB

DougB

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 November 2006 - 08:51 PM

Thanks for that but unfortunately unseccessful using Window XP pro,IE 6 Outlook mail Google Browser

#4 Ax238

Ax238

Advanced Member

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 716 posts

Posted 09 November 2006 - 09:26 PM

To clear your URLs:
  • Click on Start, then Run.
  • Type regedit in the box provided.
  • In Regedit navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Typed URLs
  • Then just delete all of the keys that list the URL's you no longer want to see.
To clear Google toolbar search history, see if the following helps:
http://www.google.co....py?answer=9271

Let me know if this helps.

#5 DougB

DougB

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 November 2006 - 11:10 PM

Thank you Ax238 I have cleared all my Google bars thank you I was remiss in not saying one of the search bars was Google On Mozilla Firefox and unfortunately these did not work for that any more help would be graefully accepted and feel silly not putting all the facts in first time

#6 Ax238

Ax238

Advanced Member

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 716 posts

Posted 10 November 2006 - 07:56 AM

DougB,

Following is the link with instructions for clearing the Google Toolbar for Firefox:
http://www.google.co...py?answer=45143

Ax

#7 DougB

DougB

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 November 2006 - 12:56 PM

Thank you so much Ax238 all problems now solved and have put your instructions in safe place for future reference I had quite a few to get rid of

#8 Ax238

Ax238

Advanced Member

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 716 posts

Posted 10 November 2006 - 01:04 PM

:thumbup: Great to hear, I am glad to have been of service.