Deleted Member
Topic Starter
Hello, and thank you, in advance, for your help.
Basically, both Explorer & FireFox are acting weird. If I misspell a domain name or go to a non-existent website like gkljhjhaslkjgdlk.com, I get a message that the domain name gkljhjhaslkjgdlk.com is either misspelled or does not exit (well that's nice). But then I get redirected to sometimes a regular pay per click landing page or sometimes a real nasty porn one (I'm thinking my teenage son help get me this virus).
I can't seem to get to Amazon.com at all even through Google. I think the Hijackers are trying to insert an affiliate code in some way to get paid and Amazon maybe caught on and is redirecting all such requests to a generic help page where I just get stuck in a loop!
Anyway, I'm still on dial up internet with ISP.com on this home computer and when I do a HijackThis log, this one specific line, O17 - … NameServer = 85.255.116.60 85.255.112.203 is there ONLY WHEN I"M ONLINE. When I get off it goes away. And I've tried repeatedly to have HijackThis fix it. But the nameserver redirect just comes back when I go online.
CounterSpy, AdAware SE & a two-month old (expired) version of Ewido find nothing wrong.
Please Help Me!
My HijackThis Log is:
————————————————————————————————
Scan saved at 12:03:20 PM, on 10/23/2006
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)
Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Sunbelt Software\CounterSpy\Consumer\sunThreatEngine.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
C:\Program Files\Sunbelt Software\CounterSpy\Consumer\SunProtectionServer.exe
C:\Program Files\Sunbelt Software\CounterSpy\Consumer\sunserver.exe
C:\Program Files\Task Solutions\Checklist 3.0\Checklist.exe
C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office\OUTLOOK.EXE
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Program Files\HiJack This\hijackthis\HijackThis.exe
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.ask.com/
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page = www.google.com
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunServer] C:\Program Files\Sunbelt Software\CounterSpy\Consumer\sunserver.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Checklist] "C:\Program Files\Task Solutions\Checklist 3.0\Checklist.exe" -min
O4 - Startup: Shortcut to zlclient.exe.lnk = C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\npjpi150_06.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\npjpi150_06.dll
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{8A3EF189-FD86-4D22-9DC2-FE90072B8554}: NameServer = 85.255.116.60 85.255.112.203
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Driver Helper Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: TrueVector Internet Monitor (vsmon) - Zone Labs, LLC - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe
————————————————————————————————
Basically, both Explorer & FireFox are acting weird. If I misspell a domain name or go to a non-existent website like gkljhjhaslkjgdlk.com, I get a message that the domain name gkljhjhaslkjgdlk.com is either misspelled or does not exit (well that's nice). But then I get redirected to sometimes a regular pay per click landing page or sometimes a real nasty porn one (I'm thinking my teenage son help get me this virus).
I can't seem to get to Amazon.com at all even through Google. I think the Hijackers are trying to insert an affiliate code in some way to get paid and Amazon maybe caught on and is redirecting all such requests to a generic help page where I just get stuck in a loop!
Anyway, I'm still on dial up internet with ISP.com on this home computer and when I do a HijackThis log, this one specific line, O17 - … NameServer = 85.255.116.60 85.255.112.203 is there ONLY WHEN I"M ONLINE. When I get off it goes away. And I've tried repeatedly to have HijackThis fix it. But the nameserver redirect just comes back when I go online.
CounterSpy, AdAware SE & a two-month old (expired) version of Ewido find nothing wrong.
Please Help Me!
My HijackThis Log is:
————————————————————————————————
Scan saved at 12:03:20 PM, on 10/23/2006
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)
Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Sunbelt Software\CounterSpy\Consumer\sunThreatEngine.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
C:\Program Files\Sunbelt Software\CounterSpy\Consumer\SunProtectionServer.exe
C:\Program Files\Sunbelt Software\CounterSpy\Consumer\sunserver.exe
C:\Program Files\Task Solutions\Checklist 3.0\Checklist.exe
C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office\OUTLOOK.EXE
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Program Files\HiJack This\hijackthis\HijackThis.exe
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.ask.com/
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page = www.google.com
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunServer] C:\Program Files\Sunbelt Software\CounterSpy\Consumer\sunserver.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Checklist] "C:\Program Files\Task Solutions\Checklist 3.0\Checklist.exe" -min
O4 - Startup: Shortcut to zlclient.exe.lnk = C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\npjpi150_06.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\npjpi150_06.dll
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{8A3EF189-FD86-4D22-9DC2-FE90072B8554}: NameServer = 85.255.116.60 85.255.112.203
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Driver Helper Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: TrueVector Internet Monitor (vsmon) - Zone Labs, LLC - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe
————————————————————————————————