Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93081 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Internet Explorer problems

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 dojst

dojst

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 03:00 PM

I've been having trouble for a while now. I can't open any sites that require me to enter a username and password. For example, I cannot even open the page "mail.yahoo.com". Other sites like Myspace, I enter my username and password and it says "Page cannot be displayed". I tried using other browsers like Opera and Mozilla and those browsers can't open any pages AT ALL. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Doug

Doug

Retired Administrator -Tech Team

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 03:10 PM

Update your Java Runtime Environment.

First
Clear JAVA Cache from JAVA Control Panel to dump any/all corrupted ActiveX and Java scripting.

Next
Uninstall JAVA Runtime Environment (any/all versions you currently have) via Add/Remove

Next
Download latest version of JAVA Runtime Environment (save to disk)
http://java.sun.com/...loads/index.jsp
Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 5.0 Update 9 released
- http://java.sun.com/...loads/index.jsp
(Look for "Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 5.0 Update 9", amongst other downloads on that page)

Next
Log Off Internet

Next
Install new JAVA Runtime Environment

Next

Run Online AntiMalware Scans at:

AVG Ewido
Click "Start" -> "Settings" -> "Control Panel" -> "Settings" -> "Advanced" -> "Output Device". Then you can choose "TV" to output signal,or choose "Analog Monitor" to get back to the Monitor mode.

Panda ActiveScan:
http://www.pandasoft...ucts/activescan
(click on the Red/pink Highlighted - Free Use ActiveScan)

Save Logs from the Above and Copy/Paste into your next Reply.

Best Regards

Edited by dough, 13 October 2006 - 03:12 PM.

The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online.

#3 dojst

dojst

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 06:07 PM

hey, thanks for your help. Here are my AVG and Panda Active Scan reports. I noticed there was a trojan virus in there. I haven't done any deleting other than removing and installing new updated Java. Incident Status Location Adware:Adware/Lop Not disinfected c:\docume~1\owner\applic~1\bibcdr~1\datatestjoy.exe Adware:Adware/Lop Not disinfected c:\documents and settings\all users\application data\software real part grey\heartcamp.exe Virus:Trj/Bl4ck.A Disinfected Operating system --------------------------------------------------------- AVG Anti-Spyware - Scan Report --------------------------------------------------------- + Created at: 7:45:16 PM 10/13/2006 + Scan result: C:\System Volume Information\_restore{BC9F3C70-F33F-48FB-93C7-198E1A9B1607}\RP643\A0105855.dll -> Adware.ClearSearch : No action taken. C:\System Volume Information\_restore{BC9F3C70-F33F-48FB-93C7-198E1A9B1607}\RP643\A0105856.exe -> Adware.ClearSearch : No action taken. C:\System Volume Information\_restore{BC9F3C70-F33F-48FB-93C7-198E1A9B1607}\RP643\A0105857.DLL -> Adware.ClearSearch : No action taken. C:\System Volume Information\_restore{BC9F3C70-F33F-48FB-93C7-198E1A9B1607}\RP643\A0105858.DLL -> Adware.ClearSearch : No action taken. C:\System Volume Information\_restore{BC9F3C70-F33F-48FB-93C7-198E1A9B1607}\RP643\A0105859.dll -> Adware.Webdir : No action taken. C:\System Volume Information\_restore{BC9F3C70-F33F-48FB-93C7-198E1A9B1607}\RP643\A0105852.exe -> Backdoor.Ruledor.g : No action taken. C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temp\__delete_on_reboot__t_1_1_6_0_7_7_6_2_4_1_._d_l_l_ -> Downloader.Agent.asl : No action taken. C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temp\t1160743460.dll -> Downloader.Agent.asl : No action taken. C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temp\t1160776246.dll -> Downloader.Agent.asl : No action taken. [3448] C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\t1160776241.dll -> Downloader.Agent.asl : No action taken. C:\System Volume Information\_restore{BC9F3C70-F33F-48FB-93C7-198E1A9B1607}\RP643\A0105853.dll -> Downloader.ConHook.ab : No action taken. C:\System Volume Information\_restore{BC9F3C70-F33F-48FB-93C7-198E1A9B1607}\RP643\A0105854.exe -> Downloader.ConHook.ab : No action taken. [1956] VM_00150000 -> Downloader.Swizzor.bz : No action taken. C:\System Volume Information\_restore{BC9F3C70-F33F-48FB-93C7-198E1A9B1607}\RP643\A0105860.exe -> Not-A-Virus.Downloader.Win32.DigStream.a : No action taken. C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Cookies\owner@2o7[1].txt -> TrackingCookie.2o7 : No action taken. C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Cookies\owner@atdmt[2].txt -> TrackingCookie.Atdmt : No action taken. C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Cookies\owner@doubleclick[1].txt -> TrackingCookie.Doubleclick : No action taken. C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Cookies\owner@fastclick[2].txt -> TrackingCookie.Fastclick : No action taken. C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Cookies\owner@ehg-dig.hitbox[1].txt -> TrackingCookie.Hitbox : No action taken. C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Cookies\owner@hitbox[2].txt -> TrackingCookie.Hitbox : No action taken. C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Cookies\owner@counter.hitslink[1].txt -> TrackingCookie.Hitslink : No action taken. C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Cookies\owner@lop[1].txt -> TrackingCookie.Lop : No action taken. ::Report end

#4 Doug

Doug

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 09:52 PM

Hi dojst,

You can do a few things to get partially cleaned up and better ready to receive assistance over in the Malware Removal Forum, where you will ultimately need to go for expert assistance.

Please download, update, and run Spybot Search & Destroy and Ad-Aware SE Personal (both are free)
Download SpyBot Search & Destroy
Download (Free Version) Ad-Aware Personal

How to install and setup SpyBot S & D and Ad-Aware

Next:
Create a New Folder on your C:\ Drive and Rename is to appear as follows --> C:\HiJackThis\

Go here to download HighJackThis.exe (fifth button down in the left-hand column)
Download HighJackThis.exe Here
Save HighJackThis.exe into your newly created Folder C:\HiJackThis\

Please run HighJackThis, by double clicking on HighJackThis.exe
Select "Run a system scan and save a log file"
HJT will scan your machine and create a NotePad Log of the HJT Scan.
In NotePad, Select Edit - Select All and then Copy

Paste the HighJackThis Log into the Malware Removal Forum as a New Topic, here:

http://forums.tomcoy...hp?showforum=27

Write a brief description of the problems you have encountered and give a link to this thread, so that the Expert will know what you've done up to this point.

Best Regards

#5 Doug

Doug

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 10:30 PM

Hi again dojst, I see that you've already posted in the Malware Removal Forum,before posting here. Is that the same machine that you are inquiring about here in this "other computer problems" Forum? If so, there are indicators of serious infection, for which you will require Expert Assistance in the Malware Removal Forum. The Expert Advisors are all Volunteers, and as you might know there are many many people needing their help. Your HJT Log will be responded to when it is your turn. Please be patient. In the meantime, we will not be making any recommendations that would interfere with the work that needfully must be under the direction of the Expert Advisor that responds to you. Best Regards

#6 dojst

dojst

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 October 2006 - 04:43 AM

hey dough thanks for your help. I tried running Spybot S&D but I couldn't carry out the "Search for Updates". I get this socket error "10061". I ran RegistryFix to try and fix the problem but still nothing. Apparently this error is caused by a firewall or anti-virus program but I don't think I'm running any. I've attached my Processes from the Windows Task Manager to verify this. once again, thanks for your help.

Attached Thumbnails

• processes.JPG