This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

hijack this file making mcaffee warning come up...

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I used the link on this site to download hijack this to my computer. I extracted it and now when I open the folder with the extracted file, I get a Mcaffee warning that it has detected a virus and I need to scan my computer. Funny thing is I supposedly uninstalled Mcaffee a couple of weeks ago and installed avast. Could this file contain a virus instead of Hijack this? Do I have a problem on my computer pretending to be Mcaffee??? Adaware and Spybot SD show my computer as clean.
Some older versions of McAfee incorrectly detect HijackThis! as a virus. You'll need to disable McAfee before you try to extract/run it. That may be problematic, since you "supposedly uninstalled it". :scratch:

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI