This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Wireless Router (Limewire Problems)

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello, I currently installed a new wireless router, the Dlink DI-524. I've been using limewire over the past couple of years and it downloads things fine. After the installation of my new router, Limewire doesn't download things at all, but it does connect and I can search etc etc. Anyone know what the problem is? Do I have to change the routers settings or something? Cheerz :)
Disclaimer: I am no expert when it comes to configuring a wireless router! Sure, I have set up both wired and wireless networks, but that doesn't mean I know what I'm doing. ___________________ Others have had similar problems to what you describe when using Dlink DI-524 for downloading from peer-to-peer sources, even though it works well for other purposes of general browsing and communication. Some have even described Dlink DI-524 as a "known bad" router for such peer-to-peer purposes. Others have found improvement from upgrading the "firmware" to version 2.76. Still others have benefited from more specific "tweaks" that are beyond my ability to comment on. Do a google search for "Dlink DI-524 problem downloading from Limewire" and you will find a variety of folks commenting on this problem. Give particular attention to the responders from "dslreports" and "broadbandreports" sources. Best Regards

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI