Unexpected error occurred!
Error #52 (Bad file name or number) in Sub GetLongPath(?.exe).
Please send a report to [removed], mentioning what you were doing, and what version of Windows you have.
This message has been copied to your clipboard.
Windows XP Home Build 2600 SP2
Removing 04-HP Global Startup: HP Digital Imaging Monitor .ink=?
Removing F win ini: load =c\01comm32\bin\01comm.exe
Tom said removing the F1 would be OK. I do not use the modem.
The HP item I shut down at the icon bar. Hoped removing it here would keep it from starting. Just more memory to hog for something I don't use.
I had checked the items for removal.
Removing 04-HP Global Startup: HP Digital Imaging Monitor .ink=?
Removing F1 win ini: load =c\01comm32\bin\01comm.exe
Tom looked at the log and said it looked fine. He said uninstall the modem from add/remove if I could. If not go ahead and fix the F1 win ini: load =c\01comm32\bin\01comm.exe.
I also checked the 04-HP Global Startup: HP Digital Imaging Monitor .ink=?
fro removal. This is part of an HP printer software that I do not need running.
When I clicked Fix, I got the error message:
Unexpected error occurred!
Error #52 (Bad file name or number) in Sub GetLongPath(?.exe).
Please send a report to [removed], mentioning what you were doing, and what version of Windows you have.
This message has been copied to your clipboard.
Everything seems fine and was having no problems before fixing these, just didn't need them running and using memory.
Since it said to send to Tom I posted it here so that he would know of the error. I know his email changed and was not something that was effecting my computer that I know of, so it wasn't an emergency type thing to bother Tom with.
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI