This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Error

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello, I turned off my computer after printing some images, I left the PC assuming it'd turn off but I came back and saw a error, apparently it's related with Log file C:/windows/system32/set/settrail.txt, the error is Oxc000021A
This is something that after looking on the internet happens with a lot of people, i tried refreshing the computer but it just said nothing's wrong with your computer, refresh failed. I CANT get onto anything other then the options in the startup menu.
Additionally the computer goes into a automatic repair cycle.
It's a HP computer
I'm not too great at tech so please bear with me
I need a fast response.
Thx -luis

Hi Luis,

and welcome to the WTT forums,

:welcome:

Sorry to hear about the problems you are experiencing with your HP computer.

 

You have not provided model number of your HP computer or details of the operating system you are using, but hopefully the following link will set you on the correct path

 

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/termsag/tp/advanced-startup-options.htm

 

Its possible that you have a computer running Windows 8/8.1, so the above link should help you to use a System Restore Point to set back your computer to a time when it was running well. ( you will need to go and scroll down about halfway down the above link …)

 

A good feature of System Restore Points is that it should not affect your data files, documents, photos etc.,   however as always its best to check the back ups you have made to make sure they include everything you need to keep…if you find on checking your back ups that anything is missing…(stuff you dont want to lose) then that issue should be addressed before trying to repair your computer.

 

Regards

paws

@paws
I'm running windows 8.1 I have all the options displayed in the link. I can't reset it to last save since my mothers doing study and doesn't want to lose her progress.
Thanks a heap for the quick reply

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI