Susan528
Hello Kevin,
If this were my computer, I would format and reinstall Windows XP. I would not use this computer for any sensitive data even if we could clean and delete malware files. Your firewall has been compromised. Housecall will not run. Kapersky showed evidence of a rootkit being present.
C:\Documents and Settings\Kevin Roy\Local Settings\Temp\d5s.dll Infected: Rootkit.Win32.Vanti.df skipped
I urge you to protect your personal information. You have many infections that are like keyloggers and steal information.
Do not use this system for any transactions until you are clean.
Here are a couple of links which may provide you with additional valuable information:
When should I re-format? How should I reinstall?
http://www.dslreports.com/faq/10063
How Do I Handle Possible Identify Theft, Internet Fraud and CC Fraud?
http://www.dslreports.com/faq/10451
If You do any online banking, ebay/paypal purchases, any other sensitive online transactions…:
You are strongly advised to do the following immediately:
1. Disconnect infected computer from the internet and from any networked computers until the computer can be cleaned.
2. Call all of your banks, credit card companies, financial institutions and inform them that you may be a victim of identity theft and to put a watch on your accounts or change all your account numbers.
3. From a clean computer, change *all* your online passwords – for email, for banks, financial accounts, PayPal, eBay, online companies, any online forums or groups you belong to.
Do NOT change passwords or do any transactions while using the infected computer because the attacker will get the new passords and transaction information.
============================
If you want to continue, please run Kapersky and post (reply) with the log. Please let me know what you would like to do.
If this were my computer, I would format and reinstall Windows XP. I would not use this computer for any sensitive data even if we could clean and delete malware files. Your firewall has been compromised. Housecall will not run. Kapersky showed evidence of a rootkit being present.
C:\Documents and Settings\Kevin Roy\Local Settings\Temp\d5s.dll Infected: Rootkit.Win32.Vanti.df skipped
I urge you to protect your personal information. You have many infections that are like keyloggers and steal information.
Do not use this system for any transactions until you are clean.
Here are a couple of links which may provide you with additional valuable information:
When should I re-format? How should I reinstall?
http://www.dslreports.com/faq/10063
How Do I Handle Possible Identify Theft, Internet Fraud and CC Fraud?
http://www.dslreports.com/faq/10451
If You do any online banking, ebay/paypal purchases, any other sensitive online transactions…:
You are strongly advised to do the following immediately:
1. Disconnect infected computer from the internet and from any networked computers until the computer can be cleaned.
2. Call all of your banks, credit card companies, financial institutions and inform them that you may be a victim of identity theft and to put a watch on your accounts or change all your account numbers.
3. From a clean computer, change *all* your online passwords – for email, for banks, financial accounts, PayPal, eBay, online companies, any online forums or groups you belong to.
Do NOT change passwords or do any transactions while using the infected computer because the attacker will get the new passords and transaction information.
============================
If you want to continue, please run Kapersky and post (reply) with the log. Please let me know what you would like to do.