This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

help trojan problem

14 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

hi rasta,
Please lets stay a little longer I am more
than currious.abot

. However I still get the same error message when I try to firewall my internet connection

What is the error message? and what do you mean when you say "I try to firewall my internet connection"?
Please letme know.
mschroe919
Hi Mscroe919, Thanks for bearing with me. When I try to create a new internet connection from my Network Connections using the New Connection Wizard, and I tick Turn on Internet Connection Firewall for this connection, the firewall for this connection cannot be enabled. Please find below the error message I am getting: The creation of the firewall failed with the following error: class not registered. This connection has been created but does NOT have the firewall enabled. This happened after the computer got infected with all these viruses, etc.., including ItunesFF which had changed the dial up number, and which we found and got rid of. I had then to reconfigure my Internet connection and I came accross this problem of not being able to Firewall my Internet connection. Which never used to happen. That's why I thought I had probably more viruses on the computer. So, I first downloaded Zone Alarm, since my XP firewall seemed to be having problems. And then I downloaded PC-Cillin as Norton Antivirus couldn't find any infection. I did an online scan using Kaspersky, which found viruses, etc… And then I asked for help on TomCoyote…. With your help, we have found quite a lot of malware and I think we got rid of it all, now I really don't know why I still have this problem. That's why I wondered if the file could have been corrupted by the viruses? I hope this all makes sense. Thank you very much again for your help and patience, Rasta.
Hi rasta, One more question how are you connecting to the internet. DSL, or Cable, or dial up? And are you using a router? If so what brand. Once I gety this info I will try to see what exatly is going on. Most of the time if you are using a router it is just a matter of configuring yor network? Let me know mschroe919
Hi Mscroe919, I am connecting to the internet using Dial up, with an external ISDN modem (Hayes) as I have a laptop. I am not using a router. I hope you can figure out what's going on, as I don't… I have used this simple set up for about 3 years now, and I never had any problems with it. Thanks so much for your persevering and I look forward to hearing what you think on this, Many thanks, Rasta.
Hi
Well I am back to tell you, I am not sure but its when you are clicking the turn on the fire wall connection,is when you get a display of firewall for this connection cannot be enabled. Well again I am not sure but its trying to start the XP firewall. I know of people who have dial up and with the Internet Security 2006. or some other stand alone firewall, such as yours and Zone alarm. You click on it to have it running, I see by your log that you firewall Internet Security 2006 is running. Let me ask one more question….when you turn on the PC is there a icon on the bottom right side of the task bar? Because what I am thinking is when you start a new connection. don't click on the turn on the firewall connection. I truly believe that your stand alone firewall will protect your PC.
As far as that thats the best I can offer. we usualy only work on maleware and viruses here. We try to do the other help, but can onl go so far. Read your Internet Security 2006 and see how to enable it. And when it is enabled I believe you are set .
=====================================

But your log is clean and I am going to post here some special thing to do to keep it clean:
This we do for all our visiters.

Now that you are clean, please follow these simple steps in order to keep your computer clean and secure:

Note you may have some of theses programs allready, if so just a reminder to keep updated.

FIRST:
You need to create a new Clean restore point.

Note: This will remove all previous Restore Points

Turn off System Restore:

On the Desktop, right-click My Computer.
Click Properties.
Click the System Restore tab.
Check Turn off System Restore.
Click Apply, and then click OK.

Restart your computer, turn it back on.

On the Desktop, right-click My Computer.
Click Properties.
Click the System Restore tab.
Remove the Check Turn off System Restore.
Click Apply, and then click OK.

Double-click My Computer.
Click the Tools menu, and then click Folder Options.
Click the View tab.
Check "Hide file extensions for known file types."
Under the "Hidden files" folder, Uncheck "Show hidden files and folders."
Check "Hide protected operating system files."
Click Apply, and then click OK.
===================================================================
NEXT:
Make your Internet Explorer more secure - This can be done by following these simple instructions:

1. From within Internet Explorer click on the Tools menu and then click on Options.
2. Click once on the Security tab
3. Click once on the Internet icon so it becomes highlighted.
4. Click once on the Custom Level button.

1. Change the Download signed ActiveX controls to Prompt
2. Change theDownload unsigned ActiveX controls to Disable
3. Change the Initialise and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe to Disable
4. Change the Installation of desktop items to Prompt
5. Change the Launching programs and files in an IFRAME to Prompt
6. Change the Navigate sub-frames across different domains to Prompt
7. When all these settings have been made, click on the OK button.
8. If it prompts you as to whether or not you want to save the settings, press the Yes button.

Next press the Apply button and then the OK to exit the Internet Properties page.
====================================================================

Install Spybot - Search and Destroy - Install and download Spybot - Search and Destroy with its TeaTimer option.

This will provide real-time spyware & hijacker protection on your computer alongside your virus protection. You should also scan your computer with program on a regular basis just as you would an anti virus software

Get the download and tutorial for Spybot S&D here:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/tutorial43.html
=========================================================================

Install Ad-Aware
Install and download Ad-Aware. You should also scan your computer with the program on a regular basis just as you would an anti virus software in conjunction with Spybot. The download and tutorial on installing & using Ad-aware can be found here:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/tutorial48.html

====================================================================

Install SpywareBlaster
SpywareBlaster will added a large list of programs and sites into your Internet Explorer settings that will protect you from running and downloading known malicious programs. A article on anti-malware products with links for this program and others can be found here:

http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareblaster.html
========================================================================

Update all these programs regularly - Make sure you update all the programs I have listed regularly. Without regular updates you WILL NOT be protected when new malicious programs are released.

Follow this list and your potential for being infected again will reduce dramatically.
Happy surfing the net

I only ask one thing….please
Please post back and let us know what you think about our forum, we are all volunteers and would like a little smile.


Good luck Mschroe919
Hi Mscroe919, A quick post to thank you ever so much for your help and patience. I am so glad that with your help, I managed to get rid of malware that my antivirus and antispyware programs, online scans and I couldn't find. All your instructions were always clear and easy to follow. Most appreciated the direct links to online scans and downloads as it's getting harder now to know which website to click on and trust. Great too that I have now more software to help me keep my PC safe. I came to your forum through the recommendation of a friend and I will definitely recommand you also. You are doing invaluable work and I am so greatful. Many many thanks again and I wish you all the best, Rasta.
Hi Happy to see your PC and you are happy. It was a pleasure helping you. Give yourself a pat on the back for doing a great job too. Good luck and happy surfing mschroe919

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI