This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Blue Screen Of Death

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello, there With help from HJT and the Malware forum, I was able to get a "clean bill of health" but am still experiencing problems. Specifically the blue screen of death stating that a device driver is the problem. I have not installed any new hardware recently and I don't see any obvious problems in the Device Manager. This is beginning to happen more frequently. Can you help please? Thank you, James
Take a ScreenShot/PrintScreen, if you're lucky. Otherwise Paper and Pencil work. Sorry there's no copy/paste method that I know of.
Ok, Doug. I will write down everything next time I get the BSD. Saco! In the mean time, I have often had trouble with HP printer software and currently have TWO drivers installed, I use (copy 2). This usually occurs if I unplug the usb cable when the printer is on. When I plug it back it, it tries to reinstall the driver.
USB connections are touted for their ability to be connected and unconnected to your machine while the machine is running.
However, some components and some software may not tolerate that action.

If you wish to have further assistance, we'll need a better overview of your system.

Please run the Full Tests at PCPitstop and post your results here in this thread.

http://www.pcpitstop.com
Full Tests is the first item in the left-hand column
Register and create your own password.
Accept the ActiveX component to allow your machine to run the Full Tests

Once you've completed the Full Tests (2-3 minutes run time), please click on the TechExpress item.
Copy/Paste the entire TechExpress Link information into this thread.

Best Regards

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI