This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Problem with device in device manager

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Well i have a device and i dont know how to fix it. Plug and Play Software Device Enumerator has a yellow exclamation point by it. I can't find a driver to fix it this is also causing my sound card not to work. Please help Thanks.
Hi marcobru

Thats a long time since I came across that particular error.
So lets see if we can fix this.

If the error is due to a faulty installation of the SP2 servicepack,
the SFC /Scannow command should take care of it. So lets
try that one first, as the other solutions requires a peek into your
registry.

Have your windows CD ready at hand, as it might ask for it during
the run of this command.

Goto Start, then Run
Type: SFC /Scannow (Notice the space between C and the slash / )

Windows will now begin to scan for damaged / Missing files, and try
to Repair / Replace them. Let it run undirsturbed, unless it ask for your
CD. There won't be a text or anything else when it is finished. But if it
asked for your CD, it is likely that it found a error.

For further info on the SFC command: http://www.updatexp.com/scannow-sfc.html

Regards
Hi again

I ran the scan as you suggested. Nothing came up. Any other suggestions? Thanks in advance.


I take it, that it means the problem is still there?


Edit: Seems I somehow have been linking to the incorrect place :wacko: I am sorry for the inconvenience it may have produced.

This is the correct link: http://www.softwaretipsandtricks.com/forum…enumerator.html

Have a look at the second last post in that thread. I would start with SP3 instead of SP2, if SP3 is installed.

And once again, sorry… :blush:

Regards
I can't believe it but it worked.! I've had this problem for a year or so. I gave up on this Operating system a while a go and installed another OS on another hard drive to boot up my computer. It wasnt until my brother opened a virus on my new OS did i go back and try to fix this one. The key was deleting the registry entries in the post you referred me to of course don't forget to back up your files first.. So if anyone has a problem with PnP Software enumerator, there is a workaround. Thanks alot again now I dont have to worry about trying to fix my virus infested OS on my other drive. Hooray!!:) TY.
Hi marcobru Glad it worked out :thumbup: Regarding your other machine, consider letting the malware team clean it up. They are pretty good at what they do, so give it a shoot. No reason to abandon a machine because of virus ;) Regards

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI