Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93081 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

I Am Having Problems With My Other Computer.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 LayLow

LayLow

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 May 2004 - 11:30 AM

Well on my other computer i cant get on the internet anymore i used to but it wont let me get on amymore. Everytime i click on the internet explorer icon this message comes up "Failed to load the internet connection wizard helper component". I have no clue to what that means so if you could tell me how to fix it or make the internet work again i would like it alot... Thankyou

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 jakethesnake

jakethesnake

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 May 2004 - 06:44 PM

Okay check out this MS website for more info. I am not sure if you can connect to internet to read this or not so I'll post it here for easier access:

_http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q224828

Error Message: Failed to Load the Internet Connection Wizard Helper Component
View products that this article applies to.
This article was previously published under Q224828
SYMPTOMS
When you double-click Internet Explorer on your desktop, you may receive one of the following error messages:

There is not enough memory to perform this task, please close some programs and try again.
-or-

Failed to load the Internet connection wizard helper component.
CAUSE
This behavior can occur if the Internet Connection Wizard (ICW) files are the incorrect version.
RESOLUTION
To resolve this issue, rename and then extract new copies of the ICW files:
Look in either the Program Files\Internet Explorer\Connection Wizard folder or the Program Files\ICW folder to see if any of the following files exist:
Icwconn1.exe
Icwconn2.exe
Icwrmind.exe
Inetwiz.exe
Isignup.exe
Icwtutor.exe
Icwhelp.dll

Rename any files that you find with a .old file extension (for example, rename Icwconn1.exe to Icwconn1.old).

NOTE: For information about how to rename files, click Start, click Help, click the Index tab, type renaming, and then double-click the Files topic.
Extract new copies of the files that are listed in step 1 to the ICW folder.For additional information about how to extract a file, click the article number below to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
129605 How to Extract Original Compressed Windows Files

MORE INFORMATION
When you install Windows 98, the Internet Explorer icon is configured to start the Internet Connection Wizard. When you reinstall Windows 98 after an unsuccessful installation of Internet Explorer 5, the Internet Connection Wizard files may not be replaced.

Try this and let us know if it helps.

Edited by jakethesnake, 05 May 2004 - 06:45 PM.