MUTORO
Topic Starter
Hi
Please help I have a problem that continues to get complicated. My cumputer crashed and the crash report said it was due to "beginning of dump of physical memory…physical memory dump complete…on file "ati2dvaa".
So I entered ATI .com website and Dell support website. I tried to install the recommended display drivers/software "256MB ATI Radeon 9800xt" and the Bios indicated. The problerm was not solved.
Next I checked the Device Manager and spotted the 16MB ATI Rage 128 pro/ultra adapter. I uninstalled it fromthe add/remove programs. I proceeded to look for new software/hardware to install from the ATI website and failed to get it. I had done this before a year ago and I had managed to get it from there (after similar problems)
Fortunately, I thought, the system (Found New Hardware) indicated that it was searching for software (VGA compatible). It would search and search until it reports back that it has failed to find the software/hardware. I gave up and continued to work without anything indicated inthe device manager under Display Adapters…but only a yellow question mark and exclamation mark.
A week later, I bought a new mobile phone Samsun D900 and tried to install it. The pc studio3 was installed and then it prompts me to connect the USB cable and phone. After that connection the Find new hardware runs to search and reports back it has failed to find the software.
I read about similar problems on the Internet and I get the advice to uninstal and reinstall using different USB port. I pull out the Camera port and try inthat port. It still fails. I pull out the scanner port and try inthat port and it fails again.
I give up; BUT, UNFORTUNATELY ALL the other USBs I tried to remove and interchange are NOW not being recognised. "Found New Hardware" puts out for many items now and searches …and reports it could not find the software…FOR EVERYTHING.
I have tried disabling McAfee Antivirus and Firewall but it does not help. The slowness has been there before and I had tried to get help from HJT and I ran several tools thru advice here, but nothing happened. I recall I was advised to use Smitfraudfix, Ewindo; Kaspersky; webroot…etc. But the computer is still slow. And, the crash on file "ati2dvaa" happened some few days after sweeping the computer through these. But, I dont think they were the cause because ( as stated above), it had crashed again last year indicating problem with file "ati2dvaa".
I have Win XP, SP2; Pentium4, Dell 8300 dimension; 120 GB..512 MB RAM. McAfee Security Suite V.8. NOW I AM MORE CONFUSED. Any help please? I will greatly appreciate.
Yours faithfully
MMM