I installed new motherboard and do not use old ATI viedo card and software. I removed all that the add/remove program would remove & used the ATI instructions to remove in the registery. When I start the computer I still get message "warning that driver is not installed or not working properly. I click this message off and all other functions of viedo and computer are working properly. I ran highjack this and find an ATIptaxx.exe file in section 04 to run this program. I am reluctant to delete this as I do not know how to restore if I delete and it is wrong.
Thanks for the help
You've told us what you "don't use". Now tell us what you "do" have installed for Video.
ATIptaxx.exe is a process that you will see at the lower right corner of your Desktop in your traybar, to allow you to make adjustments to resolution level, number of colors, etc. If you no longer have an ATI card, you can turn off this function in your System Configuration Utillity - StartUp Tab.
When you get the message: ""warning that driver is not installed or not working properly" what device is it referring to?
Did you install DirectX 9.0C.
Did you install the Chipset Drivers for your MotherBoard and then go search at the Website to see if there are updated Chipset Drivers available?
Best Regards
I have OS Win 2K with svc pack 4 and all updates. The video is on the mother board.The Board is an intel D915GAVL. I have removed all of the original ATI files and hardware that the add remove program will allow and do not have any type ATI listing in traybar. The add/remove program shows the ATI driver program is still there but will not let me remove "says cannot remove old or non ATI drivers"when I try to remv. The warning message is referring to the ATI driver that is missing and which I do not need as I no longer use the ATI hardware & software. I also went to the ATI website and followed instructions to remove ATI from the registery but still get the message on each boot/startup of the computer which I click off. All is OK except I get this message on each startup.
Directx 9.0C is installed, All chipset drivers are installed and checked for latest version.
I ran highjack this and found the ATIPTAxx.exe listed in section 04 showing it to run on startup of the highjack this listing. I thought perhaps I could remove the ATI listing in sect 04 of highjack this but do not know how to replace if wrong. Heading of Highjack this and line showing run of ATIPTAxx.exe is below.
Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 5:55:07 PM, on 8/17/2006
Platform: Windows 2000 SP4 (WinNT 5.00.2195)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AtiPTA] atiptaxx.exe
thanks
Temporarily, you can use your System Configuration Utility to "disable" the ATI ATIptaxx.exe, which may have been left behind as a remnant after the Add/Remove and even the ATI uninstall routine.
GoTo: Start - Run - (type)MSCONFIG - Enter - Select - StartUp(tab)
remove any checkmarks from in front of any ATI items in your StartUp List
Click on the Services (tab)
toward the bottom of that panel is a checkbox for " Hide all Microsoft Services" put a checkmark in that box
Make a list of programs and routines that remain as third-party entries after you hide Microsoft.
Include that list in your next reply in this thread.
You can go ahead and Remove Checkmarks for (disable) any ATI Services in the list after hiding Microsoft.
Click - Apply - Close then allow the machine to Restart
Hopefully that annoyance screen will not pop up.
Let us know.
Best Regards