This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

IE6 problems since uninstall of IE7 beta

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

After installing and then removing IE7 Beta, I have had trouble with my IE6. When clicking on a link in the search window, nothing happens, same thing for any links in Outlook 2003 email messages. I have tried every fix I could find, nothing works. I have tried to uninstall IE6 so that I could reinstall it from scratch, but Whoa!! it is impossible to uninstall Internet Explorer in XP, or at least it seems to me. By the way, sometime in the middle of trying to resolve this problem I downloaded Firefox and than uninstalled it. I'm not sure if the problem arose from the IE7 beta or the Firefox. Any ideas???????????
I had athe same problem when I installed IE7, hyperlinks would not work AT ALL. Went to Microsoft help for IE7 and found this solution. Firefox was my default browser prior to installing IE7, I had to change my default browser to IE7. After doing this all was fine only any hyperlinks loaded into IE7. Prior to installing IE7 all hyperlinks loaded into Firefox. Hope this helps you.
Thanks, but I uninstalled IE7 and am now trying to get IE6 to work again. Is that possible now, or do I have to install IE7 to get everything to work now. I wasn't very happy with the new IE7 version, maybe it's better now, I see several more beta versions have been released. Do you think this is what it will take to get me back to normal?

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI