This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

ASPNET

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I was looking at my user accounts the other day and saw something called ASPNET. I thought it was some kind of spyware because I didn't put it there. So, I deleted this user account. I found out later it was installed by Windows and has something to do with their Net Framework software. My question is, how important is it to have this user account present if I'm not doing any kind of Web developing. Is it messing up my computer in anyway not having the user account there? Thanks in advance for any help on this matter.
Here's a relatively straight forward explanation, including deleting and reinstalling it if necessary:
http://www.mvps.org/marksxp/WindowsXP/aspdot.php

The nature of your question suggests that you are not "using aspnet on a server to build powerful Web applications." Am I wrong here?

Perhaps it would be useful to understand your original intent when installing this utility.

Best Regards
I am not building any web applications, that is correct. I'm just one of those worry warts who believes in order for my computer to run right and efficiently, it needs to be all up to date. So I just download whatever software or hardware Microsoft recommends when I update. I just wanted reassurance that it's not hurting my computer in any way by not having that user account. Thanks for your help and the quick response!

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI