This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Unauthorized (?) User account

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

In checking through my control panel, I notice a User Account I did not set up. I have four User Accounts I set up (one for the family, one for each of 3 kids). The fifth user account says "ASP.NET Machine A…." I have firewall up, Norton antivirus, adaware, spybot, and spywareblaster (although this has not run since installing update). No operational problems or speed issues of late. Should I post a HJT log? Thanks, Leithbones
thanks. but. ummm. when I saw this, I (panicked?) and changed the ASP.NET password. what should I do now? I'm not worried. thanks, Leithbones
I wouldn't do anything unless something is broken. Hey, that reminds me of a saying :) Cheers, m

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI