This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

File name problem

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi, I have this problem with my files. I don't know suddenly, all the file names are named with the file types such as abc.avi, abc.jpg, abc.mp3 etc. When I tried to change the file name back to any name, this appears "If you change a file name extension, the file may become unusable. Are you sure you want to change it?" At first, I tried and change it to see what happens, and then the file did became unusable. Can anyone help me on this? I don't wanna see the file name with the file type at the end of the file name. Thanks. cdiq
Hi cdiq26, have you tried this…….. Open My Computer. Go to the Tools menu and select Folder Options. Click on the View tab and scroll down to "Hide file extensions for known file types". Remove any checkmark next to this option. Click OK. Hope this helps…….

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI