punchoutkid
Topic Starter
I can not get my computer to boot up properly. I am running Windows 98 and before it loads all the way, a fatal error screen consistently appears and I can never get past it. If I boot the computer in safe mode, no desktop icons appear nor does the "start" button that is usually at the bottom left corner of the screed.
Somehow I was just able to get it to boot into safe mode and the icons and taskbar appeared. I ran spybot and adaware, but my definitions were pretty old and I was not able to connect to the internet as it looks like the trojan cut that off. Also, my cd rom drive isn't showing up. I tried to run a squared, but the "scan now" button is off the screen and I can't tab to it either.
I was able to go to a buddy's and download hijack this and put it onto a floppy and ran it. I have left the computer on in case there is something else you want me to do after seeing the hijack this log. I'm afraid that if I turn it off, the icons won't show back up when I turn it on.
One other thing I'm not sure about, when I went to copy some files, under my documents, I noticed a folder titled "CCUT" which didn't sound familiar to me. I looked in it and there was just one file, an executable "udlql.exe." I don't know if that was put there by the trojan or what it is. I googled it and found nothing.
Here is my HJT log:
Logfile of HijackThis v1.97.7
Scan saved at 8:48:53 PM, on 8/13/06
Platform: Windows 98 SE (Win9x 4.10.2222A)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)
Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\KERNEL32.DLL
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSGSRV32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MPREXE.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\EXPLORER.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SPOOL32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\DESKTOP\HIJACK THIS\HIJACKTHIS.EXE
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customize/…/search/ie.html
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://purduesports.collegesports.com/
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Window Title = Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by BellSouth
R3 - Default URLSearchHook is missing
O1 - Hosts: 65.120.116.172 mini.aimster.com
O1 - Hosts: 65.120.116.174 www.aimster.com
O1 - Hosts: 65.120.116.173 lite.aimster.com
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {02478D38-C3F9-4efb-9B51-7695ECA05670} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\YAHOO!\COMPANION\INSTALLS\CPN0\YCOMP5_5_7_0.DLL
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHELPER.DLL
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {CBCC61FA-0221-4ccc-B409-CEE865CACA3A} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\TOOLBAR888\MYTOOLBAR.DLL (file missing)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {6D794CB4-C7CD-4c6f-BFDC-9B77AFBDC02C} - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\GEBBAAB.DLL
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {FD94E500-1FEF-11DB-9464-E8529FA2AF35} - (no file)
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSDXM.OCX
O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\YAHOO!\COMPANION\INSTALLS\CPN0\YCOMP5_5_7_0.DLL
O3 - Toolbar: ToolBar888 - {CBCC61FA-0221-4ccc-B409-CEE865CACA3A} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\TOOLBAR888\MYTOOLBAR.DLL (file missing)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [EnsoniqMixer] starter.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [vptray] C:\PROGRA~1\SYMANT~1\vptray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SystemTray] SysTray.Exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\QTTASK.EXE" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ViewMgr] C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Viewpoint Manager\ViewMgr.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LoadQM] loadqm.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [winxmb32] rundll32 winxmb32.dll,run
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [rtvscn95] C:\PROGRA~1\SYMANT~1\rtvscn95.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [defwatch] C:\PROGRA~1\SYMANT~1\defwatch.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [SchedulingAgent] mstask.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [KB891711] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\KB891711\KB891711.EXE
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Yahoo! Pager] C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\ypager.exe -quiet
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Dooe] "C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\tosn\iexplore.exe" -vt yazr
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Qlq] C:\My Documents\Ccut\udlql.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: &AIM Search - res://C:\PROGRAM FILES\AIM TOOLBAR\AIMBAR.DLL/aimsearch.htm
O9 - Extra button: Real.com (HKLM)
O9 - Extra button: AIM (HKLM)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console (HKLM)
O16 - DPF: Dialpad US Java Applet - http://www.dialpad.com/applet/src/vscp.cab
O16 - DPF: {D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000} (Shockwave Flash Object) - http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shock…ash/swflash.cab
O16 - DPF: {9F1C11AA-197B-4942-BA54-47A8489BB47F} (Update Class) - http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/CAB/…7607.8115046296
O16 - DPF: {56336BCB-3D8A-11D6-A00B-0050DA18DE71} (RdxIE Class) - http://software-dl.real.com/09b101e8e4ab8c…ip/RdxIE601.cab
O16 - DPF: {917623D1-D8E5-11D2-BE8B-00104B06BDE3} (CamImage Class) - http://129.171.166.231/activex/AxisCamControl.cab
O16 - DPF: {30528230-99F7-4BB4-88D8-FA1D4F56A2AB} (YInstStarter Class) - http://us.dl1.yimg.com/download.yahoo.com/…nst20040510.cab
O16 - DPF: {4F1E5B1A-2A80-42CA-8532-2D05CB959537} (MSN Photo Upload Tool) - http://by102fd.bay102.hotmail.msn.com/resources/MsnPUpld.cab
O16 - DPF: {9522B3FB-7A2B-4646-8AF6-36E7F593073C} (cpbrkpie Control) - http://a19.g.akamai.net/7/19/7125/1450/ftp…02/cpbrkpie.cab
Thanks for your time and your help.
Jay
Somehow I was just able to get it to boot into safe mode and the icons and taskbar appeared. I ran spybot and adaware, but my definitions were pretty old and I was not able to connect to the internet as it looks like the trojan cut that off. Also, my cd rom drive isn't showing up. I tried to run a squared, but the "scan now" button is off the screen and I can't tab to it either.
I was able to go to a buddy's and download hijack this and put it onto a floppy and ran it. I have left the computer on in case there is something else you want me to do after seeing the hijack this log. I'm afraid that if I turn it off, the icons won't show back up when I turn it on.
One other thing I'm not sure about, when I went to copy some files, under my documents, I noticed a folder titled "CCUT" which didn't sound familiar to me. I looked in it and there was just one file, an executable "udlql.exe." I don't know if that was put there by the trojan or what it is. I googled it and found nothing.
Here is my HJT log:
Logfile of HijackThis v1.97.7
Scan saved at 8:48:53 PM, on 8/13/06
Platform: Windows 98 SE (Win9x 4.10.2222A)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)
Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\KERNEL32.DLL
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSGSRV32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MPREXE.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\EXPLORER.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SPOOL32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\DESKTOP\HIJACK THIS\HIJACKTHIS.EXE
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customize/…/search/ie.html
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://purduesports.collegesports.com/
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Window Title = Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by BellSouth
R3 - Default URLSearchHook is missing
O1 - Hosts: 65.120.116.172 mini.aimster.com
O1 - Hosts: 65.120.116.174 www.aimster.com
O1 - Hosts: 65.120.116.173 lite.aimster.com
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {02478D38-C3F9-4efb-9B51-7695ECA05670} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\YAHOO!\COMPANION\INSTALLS\CPN0\YCOMP5_5_7_0.DLL
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHELPER.DLL
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {CBCC61FA-0221-4ccc-B409-CEE865CACA3A} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\TOOLBAR888\MYTOOLBAR.DLL (file missing)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {6D794CB4-C7CD-4c6f-BFDC-9B77AFBDC02C} - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\GEBBAAB.DLL
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {FD94E500-1FEF-11DB-9464-E8529FA2AF35} - (no file)
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSDXM.OCX
O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\YAHOO!\COMPANION\INSTALLS\CPN0\YCOMP5_5_7_0.DLL
O3 - Toolbar: ToolBar888 - {CBCC61FA-0221-4ccc-B409-CEE865CACA3A} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\TOOLBAR888\MYTOOLBAR.DLL (file missing)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [EnsoniqMixer] starter.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [vptray] C:\PROGRA~1\SYMANT~1\vptray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SystemTray] SysTray.Exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\QTTASK.EXE" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ViewMgr] C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Viewpoint Manager\ViewMgr.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LoadQM] loadqm.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [winxmb32] rundll32 winxmb32.dll,run
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [rtvscn95] C:\PROGRA~1\SYMANT~1\rtvscn95.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [defwatch] C:\PROGRA~1\SYMANT~1\defwatch.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [SchedulingAgent] mstask.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [KB891711] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\KB891711\KB891711.EXE
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Yahoo! Pager] C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\ypager.exe -quiet
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Dooe] "C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\tosn\iexplore.exe" -vt yazr
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Qlq] C:\My Documents\Ccut\udlql.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: &AIM Search - res://C:\PROGRAM FILES\AIM TOOLBAR\AIMBAR.DLL/aimsearch.htm
O9 - Extra button: Real.com (HKLM)
O9 - Extra button: AIM (HKLM)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console (HKLM)
O16 - DPF: Dialpad US Java Applet - http://www.dialpad.com/applet/src/vscp.cab
O16 - DPF: {D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000} (Shockwave Flash Object) - http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shock…ash/swflash.cab
O16 - DPF: {9F1C11AA-197B-4942-BA54-47A8489BB47F} (Update Class) - http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/CAB/…7607.8115046296
O16 - DPF: {56336BCB-3D8A-11D6-A00B-0050DA18DE71} (RdxIE Class) - http://software-dl.real.com/09b101e8e4ab8c…ip/RdxIE601.cab
O16 - DPF: {917623D1-D8E5-11D2-BE8B-00104B06BDE3} (CamImage Class) - http://129.171.166.231/activex/AxisCamControl.cab
O16 - DPF: {30528230-99F7-4BB4-88D8-FA1D4F56A2AB} (YInstStarter Class) - http://us.dl1.yimg.com/download.yahoo.com/…nst20040510.cab
O16 - DPF: {4F1E5B1A-2A80-42CA-8532-2D05CB959537} (MSN Photo Upload Tool) - http://by102fd.bay102.hotmail.msn.com/resources/MsnPUpld.cab
O16 - DPF: {9522B3FB-7A2B-4646-8AF6-36E7F593073C} (cpbrkpie Control) - http://a19.g.akamai.net/7/19/7125/1450/ftp…02/cpbrkpie.cab
Thanks for your time and your help.
Jay