This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Need Help With Trojans

4 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

My computer is a mess! I thought I had it cleaned up, but the Trojans keep coming back. I had the "about:blank" cleaned up, but it came back also. I installed CWShredder, it removes a hidden .dll . Then I run ADAware then my virus scan. I can't open my Norton anti virus anymore. The computer freezes now when I boot up. I have it operating in safe mode at the moment. Here is a copy of my Hijackthis log. Hopefully you can help me. I'm running Windows 98.
Thanks.


Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 3:23:39 PM, on 3/27/05
Platform: Windows 98 SE (Win9x 4.10.2222A)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\KERNEL32.DLL
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSGSRV32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SPOOL32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MPREXE.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\EXPLORER.EXE
C:\UNZIPPED\HIJACKTHIS\HIJACKTHIS.EXE

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer,SearchURL = http://69smut.com/searchbar.html
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.yahoo.com/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = res://c:\windows\TEMP\se.dll/sp.html
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Window Title = Pennswoods.net
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: IE 4.x-6.x BHO - {49E0E0F0-5C30-11D4-945D-000000000000} - C:\PROGRA~1\POPUPB~1\IEHELPER.DLL
O2 - BHO: PBlockHelper Class - {4115122B-85FF-4DD3-9515-F075BEDE5EB5} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\SLIPSTREAM WEB ACCELERATOR\PBHELPER.DLL
O2 - BHO: MSNToolBandBHO - {BDBD1DAD-C946-4A17-ADC1-64B5B4FF55D0} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\MSN APPS\MSN TOOLBAR\01.02.3000.1001\EN-US\MSNTB.DLL
O2 - BHO: ST - {9394EDE7-C8B5-483E-8773-474BF36AF6E4} - C:\Program Files\MSN Apps\ST\01.02.3000.1001\en-xu\stmain.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSDXM.OCX
O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - (no file)
O3 - Toolbar: MSN - {BDAD1DAD-C946-4A17-ADC1-64B5B4FF55D0} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\MSN APPS\MSN TOOLBAR\01.02.3000.1001\EN-US\MSNTB.DLL
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ScanRegistry] c:\windows\scanregw.exe /autorun
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TaskMonitor] c:\windows\taskmon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SystemTray] SysTray.Exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Keyboard Manager] C:\Program Files\Netropa\One-touch Multimedia Keyboard\MMKeybd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPScanPatch] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\HPScanFix.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LoadQM] loadqm.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CamMonitor] c:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\Unload\hpqcmon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CriticalUpdate] c:\windows\SYSTEM\wucrtupd.exe -startup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [THGuard] "C:\PROGRAM FILES\TROJANHUNTER 4.2\THGUARD.EXE"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [msnappau] "c:\program files\MSN Apps\Updater\01.02.3000.1001\en-us\msnappau.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_CC] C:\PROGRA~1\GRISOFT\AVG7\AVGCC.EXE /STARTUP
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_EMC] C:\PROGRA~1\GRISOFT\AVG7\AVGEMC.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_AMSVR] C:\PROGRA~1\GRISOFT\AVG7\AVGAMSVR.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NPROTECT] c:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton Utilities\NPROTECT.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LoadPowerProfile] Rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,LoadCurrentPwrScheme
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [hpsysdrv] c:\windows\system\hpsysdrv.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [USBMMKBD] usbmmkbd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [StillImageMonitor] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\STIMON.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Share-to-Web Namespace Daemon] c:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Share-to-Web\hpgs2wnd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPDJ Taskbar Utility] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\hpztsb05.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPHmon04] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\HPHMON04.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPHUPD04] "C:\Program Files\HP Photosmart 11\hphinstall\UniPatch\hphupd04.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WildTangent CDA] RUNDLL32.exe C:\PROGRA~1\WILDTA~1\APPS\CDA\CDAENG~1.DLL,cdaEngineMain
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [SchedulingAgent] mstask.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [CSINJECT.EXE] c:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton CleanSweep\CSINJECT.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [NPROTECT] c:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton Utilities\NPROTECT.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [LoadPowerProfile] Rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,LoadCurrentPwrScheme
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [Encompass_ENCMONTR] C:\Program Files\Easy Internet\ENCMONTR.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [Hidserv] Hidserv.exe run
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [AIM] C:\PROGRAM FILES\AIM95\aim.exe -cnetwait.odl
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [msnmsgr] "C:\PROGRAM FILES\MSN MESSENGER\MSNMSGR.EXE" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [uninstal] regsvr32 /u /s image.dll
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [PopUpStopperFreeEdition] "C:\PROGRAM FILES\PANICWARE\POP-UP STOPPER FREE EDITION\PSFREE.EXE"
O4 - Startup: SlipStream Accelerator.lnk = C:\Program Files\SlipStream Web Accelerator\slipaccel.exe
O4 - Startup: SpySubtract.lnk = C:\Program Files\interMute\SpySubtract\SpySub.exe
O4 - Startup: CleanSweep Smart Sweep-Internet Sweep.lnk = C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton CleanSweep\csinsm32.exe
O4 - Startup: HP Internet Center.lnk = C:\HP Internet\Surfboard\Surfbrd.exe
O4 - Startup: Microsoft Works Calendar Reminders.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Works Shared\wkcalrem.exe
O4 - Startup: Updates from HP.lnk = C:\Program Files\BackWeb\BackWeb\Program\backweb.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Google Search - res://C:\PROGRAM FILES\GOOGLE\GOOGLETOOLBAR1.DLL/cmsearch.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Cac&hed Snapshot of Page - res://C:\PROGRAM FILES\GOOGLE\GOOGLETOOLBAR1.DLL/cmcache.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Si&milar Pages - res://C:\PROGRAM FILES\GOOGLE\GOOGLETOOLBAR1.DLL/cmsimilar.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Backward &Links - res://C:\PROGRAM FILES\GOOGLE\GOOGLETOOLBAR1.DLL/cmbacklinks.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Translate into English - res://C:\PROGRAM FILES\GOOGLE\GOOGLETOOLBAR1.DLL/cmtrans.html
O9 - Extra button: Real.com - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\Shdocvw.dll
O9 - Extra button: AIM - {AC9E2541-2814-11d5-BC6D-00B0D0A1DE45} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\AIM95\AIM.EXE
O9 - Extra button: Yahoo! Messenger - {E5D12C4E-7B4F-11D3-B5C9-0050045C3C96} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\YAHOO!\MESSENGER\YPAGER.EXE
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Yahoo! Messenger - {E5D12C4E-7B4F-11D3-B5C9-0050045C3C96} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\YAHOO!\MESSENGER\YPAGER.EXE
O16 - DPF: {74D05D43-3236-11D4-BDCD-00C04F9A3B61} (HouseCall Control) - http://a840.g.akamai.net/7/840/537/2004061…all/xscan53.cab
Hello & Welcome to "TC" CrpPrincess :wavey:

I'M Marty1946..

I will be helping you with your problems..

I am looking into HJT LOG now..

Will post back with my suggestions ASAP.

Marty <_<
Thank you very much Marty. I am anxiously awaiting your reply. I ran my viurs scan this morning and it deleted the Trojan startpage virus again. But I can not connect to the internet to update the latest version of anything. It keeps telling me I don't have enough memory to open any programs and I've closed all programs running except Explorer.
Hello again "CrpPrincess"

Please print out or copy this page to Notepad. Make sure to work through the fixes in the exact order it is mentioned below. If there's anything that you don't understand, ask your question(s).

“Try this link to get back your internet connection back”

In Windows 95, 98 and ME the easiest solution is to use this Winsock2 fix: http://digital-solutions.co.uk/lavasoft/whndnfix.zip


(1)
You have 2(TWO) Antivirus Software Programs running.
There is often conflicts between them, so you must disable one of them.
If you paid for NORTON keep it, until it expires.(Then I suggest you get rid of it.)
For now it’s your choice which one you keep. See this LINK. http://techrepublic.com.com/5208-6230-0.ht…ssageID=1676763

(2)

You have a CoolWebSearch browser hijacker: as evidence by this entry:

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [uninstal] regsvr32 /u /s image.dll

Run cwshredder again, When running cwshredder:
Make sure all browser windows are closed and double click on the cwshredder.exe to start the program. When the program is loaded click on the "Check for Update" button, and if it finds any new version it will download it. You should then double click on cwshredder.exe again and click on the "FIX" button (not the "Scan only" button) and let it scan your computer.

REBOOT

(3)
When running Spybot and Ad-aware:
Make sure you have the up-to-date versions of Spybot and Ad-aware. All are free,
See the link in my signature.
To set the programs up correctly,
Go here for tutorial:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/Usi…ut43.html#using

Download Spybot, install and update. Then download Ad-aware, install, and update.

Spybot:
Install the program and launch it.
Go to Start > Programs >Spybot > Search & Destroy and choose Spybot S&D
Close ALL windows except Spybot S&D
Click the button to "Search for Updates" and download and install the Updates.
Next click the button "Check for Problems"
When Spybot is complete, it will be showing "RED" (RED) entries "BLACK" entries and "GREEN" (GREEN) entries in the window
Put a check mark beside the RED (RED) entries ONLY.
Choose "Fix Selected Problems" and allow Spybot to fix the RED (RED)
or] entries.

REBOOT

Ad-Aware FULL SCAN:

Install the program and launch it.

First in the main window look in the bottom right corner and click on Check for updates now then click Connect and download the latest reference files.

From main window :Click Start then under Select a scan Mode check Perform full system scan.
Next deselect Search for negligible risk entries.
Now to scan just click the Next button.

When the scan is finished mark everything for removal and get rid of it.(Right-click the window and choose select all from the drop down menu and click Next)

REBOOT

(4)
Disconnect from the internet. Close all Browser Windows (including this one)
Run hijackthis and tick to fix (check the box next to) the list below.
When all are ticked (checked) click the Fix Checked button at the bottom.
“If you can’t leave Safe Mode, do this step in Safe Mode.”

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer,SearchURL = http://69smut.com/searchbar.html

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = res://c:\windows\TEMP\se.dll/sp.html



O2 - BHO: (no name) - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - (no file)

O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - (no file)

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [uninstal] regsvr32 /u /s image.dll


(5)
See step 4.

Start your computer in Safe Mode
How to Start To Safe Mode Using the F8 method in Windows 98/98SE/ME

To start your computer in Safe Mode:
*turn the computer on
*as the computer restarts, press and hold down the Ctrl key until the Windows 98 startup menu appears. (This also works with the F8 key following the same steps)
*Choose Safe mode from the startup menu,
*press Enter
*Windows starts in Safe mode.
*Restart your computer when finished troubleshooting

Then enable your system to show all hidden files
We need to make sure all hidden files are showing so please:
* Open My Computer.
* Select the View menu and click Folder Options.
* Select the View Tab.
* In the Hidden files section select Show all files.
* Click OK.
* Don't forget to reverse this once your computer is clean

(6)
Do a search to find and delete these folders and or files highlighted in red. (If They are present)
s image.dll<
(7)
Reboot to regular mode.
Go here and run online scans, “Do at least (1) ONE; (2) Two would be better.

TrendMicro HouseCall
http://housecall.trendmicro.com/housecall/start_corp.asp

Panda ActiveScan
http://www.pandasoftware.com/activescan/co…n_principal.htm

(8)
Then go here http://www.trojanhunter.com/ TrojanHunter Free Trial and download and run the free trial of Trojan Hunter.

And here http://www.windowsecurity.com/trojanscan/ Online Trojan Scan and run the free online Trojan Scan

If there should be anything found that it couldn’t clean, please WRITE DOWN the FULL PATHS AND FILENAMES.

Note anything that can't be fixed
Reboot when done.

(9)
Start > Run and type CLEANMGR. Click OK and when presented with a list of options, check the following boxes: Temporary Internet Files, Temporary Files, Recycle Bin and click OK.

(10)
Once done reboot into Normal Mode Rescan and post a new HijackThis log file to confirm what was removed and if it's clean or not. Also please describe how your computer behaves at the moment.

Marty ;)
Hi Marty. First…I can not acces the internet on the infected computer, so I could not click on any of the links you gave me. It freezes when I boot up, so I have it running in safe mode only. I save my hijackthis log to a floppy and take it to another computer to send it to you. What I did:
1.) I can not open the Norton antivirus software. It gives me an error message about an integrator. That is why I downloaded the AVG so I could scan my system. I can't open Norton, so I can't disable it if it is running.

2.) I ran the CWshredder (in safe mode). it found nothing. I rebooted to safe mode again.

3.) I ran Spybot. it found the Coolwebsearch and deleted it. I rebooted to safe mode.

I ran AdAware. It found nothing. I rebooted to safe mode

4.) I ran Hijackthis and deleted the items you told me to delete.

5.) & 6.) With computer in save mode (cause thats all I can work in) I ran a check for the file (s image.dll) and did not find it. I did this with "show hidden files" checked.

7.) I could not do this step because I can not boot to normal mode nor connect to the internet.

8.) I have trojan hunter installed. ran it. it showed nothing. Could not do the window security one because I can't get online.

I am attaching the hijackthis log, but still from Safe mode cause it still will not boot up in normal mode. I get to the desktop, it loads partly, then freezes.

:wtf: I too live in south central PA….u don't do phone tech support do you? lol

Thanks for your help so far. Hopefully you can still fix me up.

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 8:12:58 AM, on 3/29/05
Platform: Windows 98 SE (Win9x 4.10.2222A)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\KERNEL32.DLL
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSGSRV32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SPOOL32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MPREXE.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\EXPLORER.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\DDHELP.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\RNAAPP.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\TAPISRV.EXE
C:\UNZIPPED\HIJACKTHIS\HIJACKTHIS.EXE

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.yahoo.com/
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Window Title = Pennswoods.net
O2 - BHO: PBlockHelper Class - {4115122B-85FF-4DD3-9515-F075BEDE5EB5} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\SLIPSTREAM WEB ACCELERATOR\PBHELPER.DLL
O2 - BHO: MSNToolBandBHO - {BDBD1DAD-C946-4A17-ADC1-64B5B4FF55D0} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\MSN APPS\MSN TOOLBAR\01.02.3000.1001\EN-US\MSNTB.DLL
O2 - BHO: ST - {9394EDE7-C8B5-483E-8773-474BF36AF6E4} - C:\Program Files\MSN Apps\ST\01.02.3000.1001\en-xu\stmain.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSDXM.OCX
O3 - Toolbar: MSN - {BDAD1DAD-C946-4A17-ADC1-64B5B4FF55D0} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\MSN APPS\MSN TOOLBAR\01.02.3000.1001\EN-US\MSNTB.DLL
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ScanRegistry] c:\windows\scanregw.exe /autorun
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TaskMonitor] c:\windows\taskmon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SystemTray] SysTray.Exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Keyboard Manager] C:\Program Files\Netropa\One-touch Multimedia Keyboard\MMKeybd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPScanPatch] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\HPScanFix.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LoadQM] loadqm.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CamMonitor] c:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\Unload\hpqcmon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CriticalUpdate] c:\windows\SYSTEM\wucrtupd.exe -startup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [THGuard] "C:\PROGRAM FILES\TROJANHUNTER 4.2\THGUARD.EXE"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [msnappau] "c:\program files\MSN Apps\Updater\01.02.3000.1001\en-us\msnappau.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_CC] C:\PROGRA~1\GRISOFT\AVG7\AVGCC.EXE /STARTUP
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_EMC] C:\PROGRA~1\GRISOFT\AVG7\AVGEMC.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_AMSVR] C:\PROGRA~1\GRISOFT\AVG7\AVGAMSVR.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NPROTECT] c:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton Utilities\NPROTECT.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LoadPowerProfile] Rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,LoadCurrentPwrScheme
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [hpsysdrv] c:\windows\system\hpsysdrv.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [USBMMKBD] usbmmkbd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [StillImageMonitor] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\STIMON.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Share-to-Web Namespace Daemon] c:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Share-to-Web\hpgs2wnd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPDJ Taskbar Utility] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\hpztsb05.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPHmon04] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\HPHMON04.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPHUPD04] "C:\Program Files\HP Photosmart 11\hphinstall\UniPatch\hphupd04.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [SchedulingAgent] mstask.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [CSINJECT.EXE] c:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton CleanSweep\CSINJECT.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [NPROTECT] c:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton Utilities\NPROTECT.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [LoadPowerProfile] Rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,LoadCurrentPwrScheme
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [Encompass_ENCMONTR] C:\Program Files\Easy Internet\ENCMONTR.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [Hidserv] Hidserv.exe run
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [AIM] C:\PROGRAM FILES\AIM95\aim.exe -cnetwait.odl
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [msnmsgr] "C:\PROGRAM FILES\MSN MESSENGER\MSNMSGR.EXE" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [PopUpStopperFreeEdition] "C:\PROGRAM FILES\PANICWARE\POP-UP STOPPER FREE EDITION\PSFREE.EXE"
O4 - Startup: SlipStream Accelerator.lnk = C:\Program Files\SlipStream Web Accelerator\slipaccel.exe
O4 - Startup: SpySubtract.lnk = C:\Program Files\interMute\SpySubtract\SpySub.exe
O4 - Startup: CleanSweep Smart Sweep-Internet Sweep.lnk = C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton CleanSweep\csinsm32.exe
O4 - Startup: Microsoft Works Calendar Reminders.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Works Shared\wkcalrem.exe
O4 - Startup: Updates from HP.lnk = C:\Program Files\BackWeb\BackWeb\Program\backweb.exe
O9 - Extra button: Real.com - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\Shdocvw.dll
O9 - Extra button: AIM - {AC9E2541-2814-11d5-BC6D-00B0D0A1DE45} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\AIM95\AIM.EXE
O9 - Extra button: Yahoo! Messenger - {E5D12C4E-7B4F-11D3-B5C9-0050045C3C96} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\YAHOO!\MESSENGER\YPAGER.EXE
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Yahoo! Messenger - {E5D12C4E-7B4F-11D3-B5C9-0050045C3C96} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\YAHOO!\MESSENGER\YPAGER.EXE
O16 - DPF: {74D05D43-3236-11D4-BDCD-00C04F9A3B61} (HouseCall Control) - http://a840.g.akamai.net/7/840/537/2004061…all/xscan53.cab
Hello again “CrpPrincess”

Please print out or copy this page to Notepad. Make sure to work through the fixes in the exact order it is mentioned below. If there's anything that you don't understand, ask your question(s).

(1)
Get on the net with another computer and download
The below WinsockFix.zip file.

If you have suddenly lost your Internet connection after removing spy-ware (such as NewDotNet, and Commonname) the following steps will help restore your connection. This works for Windows 9x/NT/2000/XP.

1.) Download WinsockFix.zip.
2.) UnZip WinsockFix.zip (Pay close attention to where the file is extracted to.)
3.) Run WinsockFix.exe.
4.) Click the Fix button.

http://www.tacktech.com/pub/winsockfix/WinsockFix.zip

This program will clean up your TCP/IP connection and rebuild the database. After the program is complete, reboot and your problems should be resolved.

(2)
Once done reboot into Normal Mode Rescan and post a new HijackThis log file to confirm what was removed and if it's clean or not. Also please describe how your computer behaves at the moment.

Marty ;)
Hi Marty. Thanks again for your time. The reason I couldn't connect to the internet had nothing to do with a missing file, it was because my computer kept freezing when I booted up. I couldn't do anything with it in normal mode. But somehow, I can now but it takes like 15 mins. for Internet Explorer to load and to fully load the home page. That Startpage 16 trojan keeps coming back. AVG pops up and tells me I have a virus, and I click on delete file. If I continue to surf, it will pop up again. I just ran the hijackthis log and I see the about blank is listed in there again as well. When I run the CWShredder, nothing shows up. I tried running the SpyBot but it froze halfway through. Also, when I am on the internet trying to surf, an error message comes up that the WUCRTUPD has performed an illegal operation and needs to close. When I click ok in that box, things go downhill from there. I will await further instructions.
Thank you again. :weee:

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 6:52:36 AM, on 3/31/05
Platform: Windows 98 SE (Win9x 4.10.2222A)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\KERNEL32.DLL
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSGSRV32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SPOOL32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MPREXE.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSTASK.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\NORTON SYSTEMWORKS\NORTON CLEANSWEEP\CSINJECT.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\NORTON SYSTEMWORKS\NORTON UTILITIES\NPROTECT.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\HIDSERV.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSGLOOP.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSG32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\mmtask.tsk
C:\WINDOWS\EXPLORER.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\TASKMON.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SYSTRAY.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\NETROPA\ONE-TOUCH MULTIMEDIA KEYBOARD\MMKEYBD.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\LOADQM.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\HEWLETT-PACKARD\DIGITAL IMAGING\UNLOAD\HPQCMON.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\NETROPA\ONE-TOUCH MULTIMEDIA KEYBOARD\KEYBDMGR.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\TROJANHUNTER 4.2\THGUARD.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\MSN APPS\UPDATER\01.02.3000.1001\EN-US\MSNAPPAU.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\GRISOFT\AVG7\AVGCC.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\GRISOFT\AVG7\AVGEMC.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\GRISOFT\AVG7\AVGAMSVR.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\HPSYSDRV.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\USBMMKBD.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\STIMON.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\HPZTSB05.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\HPHMON04.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\AIM95\AIM.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\PANICWARE\POP-UP STOPPER FREE EDITION\PSFREE.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\SLIPSTREAM WEB ACCELERATOR\SLIPACCEL.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\NETROPA\ONSCREEN DISPLAY\OSD.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\INTERMUTE\SPYSUBTRACT\SPYSUB.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\NORTON SYSTEMWORKS\NORTON CLEANSWEEP\CSINSM32.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\COMMON FILES\MICROSOFT SHARED\WORKS SHARED\WKCALREM.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\WMIEXE.EXE
C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton CleanSweep\Monwow.exe
C:\PROGRAM FILES\NETROPA\ONE-TOUCH MULTIMEDIA KEYBOARD\MMUSBKB2.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\DDHELP.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\RNAAPP.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\TAPISRV.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\INTERNET EXPLORER\IEXPLORE.EXE
C:\UNZIPPED\HIJACKTHIS\HIJACKTHIS.EXE

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = res://c:\windows\TEMP\se.dll/sp.html
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = about:blank
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = about:blank
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = res://c:\windows\TEMP\se.dll/sp.html
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = about:blank
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = about:blank
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = about:blank
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = about:blank
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,HomeOldSP = about:blank
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,HomeOldSP = about:blank
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Window Title = Pennswoods.net
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyServer = http=127.0.0.1:5400
O2 - BHO: PBlockHelper Class - {4115122B-85FF-4DD3-9515-F075BEDE5EB5} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\SLIPSTREAM WEB ACCELERATOR\PBHELPER.DLL
O2 - BHO: MSNToolBandBHO - {BDBD1DAD-C946-4A17-ADC1-64B5B4FF55D0} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\MSN APPS\MSN TOOLBAR\01.02.3000.1001\EN-US\MSNTB.DLL
O2 - BHO: ST - {9394EDE7-C8B5-483E-8773-474BF36AF6E4} - C:\Program Files\MSN Apps\ST\01.02.3000.1001\en-xu\stmain.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {9D9C8AC2-A1A8-11D9-9F02-4445DCE7515B} - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\JEAGCEA.DLL
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSDXM.OCX
O3 - Toolbar: MSN - {BDAD1DAD-C946-4A17-ADC1-64B5B4FF55D0} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\MSN APPS\MSN TOOLBAR\01.02.3000.1001\EN-US\MSNTB.DLL
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ScanRegistry] c:\windows\scanregw.exe /autorun
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TaskMonitor] c:\windows\taskmon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SystemTray] SysTray.Exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Keyboard Manager] C:\Program Files\Netropa\One-touch Multimedia Keyboard\MMKeybd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPScanPatch] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\HPScanFix.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LoadQM] loadqm.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CamMonitor] c:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\Unload\hpqcmon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CriticalUpdate] c:\windows\SYSTEM\wucrtupd.exe -startup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [THGuard] "C:\PROGRAM FILES\TROJANHUNTER 4.2\THGUARD.EXE"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [msnappau] "c:\program files\MSN Apps\Updater\01.02.3000.1001\en-us\msnappau.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_CC] C:\PROGRA~1\GRISOFT\AVG7\AVGCC.EXE /STARTUP
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_EMC] C:\PROGRA~1\GRISOFT\AVG7\AVGEMC.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_AMSVR] C:\PROGRA~1\GRISOFT\AVG7\AVGAMSVR.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NPROTECT] c:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton Utilities\NPROTECT.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LoadPowerProfile] Rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,LoadCurrentPwrScheme
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [hpsysdrv] c:\windows\system\hpsysdrv.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [USBMMKBD] usbmmkbd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [StillImageMonitor] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\STIMON.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Share-to-Web Namespace Daemon] c:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Share-to-Web\hpgs2wnd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPDJ Taskbar Utility] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\hpztsb05.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPHmon04] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\HPHMON04.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPHUPD04] "C:\Program Files\HP Photosmart 11\hphinstall\UniPatch\hphupd04.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [SchedulingAgent] mstask.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [CSINJECT.EXE] c:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton CleanSweep\CSINJECT.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [NPROTECT] c:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton Utilities\NPROTECT.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [LoadPowerProfile] Rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,LoadCurrentPwrScheme
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [Encompass_ENCMONTR] C:\Program Files\Easy Internet\ENCMONTR.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [Hidserv] Hidserv.exe run
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [AIM] C:\PROGRAM FILES\AIM95\aim.exe -cnetwait.odl
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [PopUpStopperFreeEdition] "C:\PROGRAM FILES\PANICWARE\POP-UP STOPPER FREE EDITION\PSFREE.EXE"
O4 - Startup: SlipStream Accelerator.lnk = C:\Program Files\SlipStream Web Accelerator\slipaccel.exe
O4 - Startup: SpySubtract.lnk = C:\Program Files\interMute\SpySubtract\SpySub.exe
O4 - Startup: CleanSweep Smart Sweep-Internet Sweep.lnk = C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton CleanSweep\csinsm32.exe
O4 - Startup: Microsoft Works Calendar Reminders.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Works Shared\wkcalrem.exe
O4 - Startup: Updates from HP.lnk = C:\Program Files\BackWeb\BackWeb\Program\backweb.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: Show Original Image - res://C:\PROGRAM FILES\SLIPSTREAM WEB ACCELERATOR\SLIPACCEL.EXE/227
O8 - Extra context menu item: Show All Original Images - res://C:\PROGRAM FILES\SLIPSTREAM WEB ACCELERATOR\SLIPACCEL.EXE/250
O9 - Extra button: Real.com - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\Shdocvw.dll
O9 - Extra button: AIM - {AC9E2541-2814-11d5-BC6D-00B0D0A1DE45} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\AIM95\AIM.EXE
O9 - Extra button: Yahoo! Messenger - {E5D12C4E-7B4F-11D3-B5C9-0050045C3C96} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\YAHOO!\MESSENGER\YPAGER.EXE
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Yahoo! Messenger - {E5D12C4E-7B4F-11D3-B5C9-0050045C3C96} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\YAHOO!\MESSENGER\YPAGER.EXE
O16 - DPF: {74D05D43-3236-11D4-BDCD-00C04F9A3B61} (HouseCall Control) - http://a840.g.akamai.net/7/840/537/2004061…all/xscan53.cab
O18 - Filter: text/html - {9D9C8AC1-A1A8-11D9-9F02-44452C35CF2C} - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\JEAGCEA.DLL
O18 - Filter: text/plain - {9D9C8AC1-A1A8-11D9-9F02-44452C35CF2C} - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\JEAGCEA.DLL
Hi guys

CrpPrincess - do something for me. Click here to download SpSeHjfix. Put it in a new folder.

Reboot into safe mode by tapping F8 after the BIOS has loaded. Close all open programs. Run SpSeHjfix, click on 'Start Disinfection', when it's finished it will reboot your machine to finish the cleaning process. The tool creates a log of the fix which will appear in the folder.

Now run CWShredder, hit 'fix' as opposed to 'scan only'. Reboot when done, post a fresh HJT log and the log that was created by SpSeHjfix.
Hi Daemon and/or Marty. I ran the trojan fix u gave me the link to, it detected and deleted the trojan Startpage.16 in C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\SE.dll. That is the one I have been deleting and it keeps coming back. The computer is still really really slow and sometimes still freezes when I boot up. Here are the logs you requested. Thanks again.

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 6:33:39 PM, on 4/1/05
Platform: Windows 98 SE (Win9x 4.10.2222A)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\KERNEL32.DLL
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSGSRV32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MPREXE.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSGLOOP.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSTASK.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSG32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\mmtask.tsk
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\HIDSERV.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\RNAAPP.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\TAPISRV.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\EXPLORER.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\TASKMON.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SYSTRAY.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\NETROPA\ONE-TOUCH MULTIMEDIA KEYBOARD\MMKEYBD.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\LOADQM.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\HEWLETT-PACKARD\DIGITAL IMAGING\UNLOAD\HPQCMON.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\TROJANHUNTER 4.2\THGUARD.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\NETROPA\ONE-TOUCH MULTIMEDIA KEYBOARD\KEYBDMGR.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\HPSYSDRV.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\STIMON.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\HPZTSB05.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\AIM95\AIM.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\PANICWARE\POP-UP STOPPER FREE EDITION\PSFREE.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\SLIPSTREAM WEB ACCELERATOR\SLIPACCEL.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SPOOL32.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\NETROPA\ONSCREEN DISPLAY\OSD.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\WMIEXE.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\NETROPA\ONE-TOUCH MULTIMEDIA KEYBOARD\MMUSBKB2.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\DDHELP.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\MSN APPS\UPDATER\01.02.3000.1001\EN-US\MSNAPPAU.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\INTERNET EXPLORER\IEXPLORE.EXE
C:\UNZIPPED\HIJACKTHIS\HIJACKTHIS.EXE

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Window Title = Pennswoods.net
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyServer = http=127.0.0.1:5400
O2 - BHO: PBlockHelper Class - {4115122B-85FF-4DD3-9515-F075BEDE5EB5} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\SLIPSTREAM WEB ACCELERATOR\PBHELPER.DLL
O2 - BHO: MSNToolBandBHO - {BDBD1DAD-C946-4A17-ADC1-64B5B4FF55D0} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\MSN APPS\MSN TOOLBAR\01.02.3000.1001\EN-US\MSNTB.DLL
O2 - BHO: ST - {9394EDE7-C8B5-483E-8773-474BF36AF6E4} - C:\Program Files\MSN Apps\ST\01.02.3000.1001\en-xu\stmain.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSDXM.OCX
O3 - Toolbar: MSN - {BDAD1DAD-C946-4A17-ADC1-64B5B4FF55D0} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\MSN APPS\MSN TOOLBAR\01.02.3000.1001\EN-US\MSNTB.DLL
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ScanRegistry] c:\windows\scanregw.exe /autorun
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TaskMonitor] c:\windows\taskmon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SystemTray] SysTray.Exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Keyboard Manager] C:\Program Files\Netropa\One-touch Multimedia Keyboard\MMKeybd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPScanPatch] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\HPScanFix.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LoadQM] loadqm.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CamMonitor] c:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\Unload\hpqcmon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CriticalUpdate] c:\windows\SYSTEM\wucrtupd.exe -startup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [THGuard] "C:\PROGRAM FILES\TROJANHUNTER 4.2\THGUARD.EXE"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LoadPowerProfile] Rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,LoadCurrentPwrScheme
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [hpsysdrv] c:\windows\system\hpsysdrv.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [StillImageMonitor] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\STIMON.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPDJ Taskbar Utility] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\hpztsb05.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPHUPD04] "C:\Program Files\HP Photosmart 11\hphinstall\UniPatch\hphupd04.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [SchedulingAgent] mstask.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [LoadPowerProfile] Rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,LoadCurrentPwrScheme
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [Encompass_ENCMONTR] C:\Program Files\Easy Internet\ENCMONTR.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [Hidserv] Hidserv.exe run
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [AIM] C:\PROGRAM FILES\AIM95\aim.exe -cnetwait.odl
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [PopUpStopperFreeEdition] "C:\PROGRAM FILES\PANICWARE\POP-UP STOPPER FREE EDITION\PSFREE.EXE"
O4 - HKCU\..\RunServices: [AIM] C:\PROGRAM FILES\AIM95\aim.exe -cnetwait.odl
O4 - HKCU\..\RunServices: [PopUpStopperFreeEdition] "C:\PROGRAM FILES\PANICWARE\POP-UP STOPPER FREE EDITION\PSFREE.EXE"
O4 - Startup: SlipStream Accelerator.lnk = C:\Program Files\SlipStream Web Accelerator\slipaccel.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: Show Original Image - res://C:\PROGRAM FILES\SLIPSTREAM WEB ACCELERATOR\SLIPACCEL.EXE/227
O8 - Extra context menu item: Show All Original Images - res://C:\PROGRAM FILES\SLIPSTREAM WEB ACCELERATOR\SLIPACCEL.EXE/250
O9 - Extra button: Real.com - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\Shdocvw.dll
O9 - Extra button: AIM - {AC9E2541-2814-11d5-BC6D-00B0D0A1DE45} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\AIM95\AIM.EXE
O9 - Extra button: Yahoo! Messenger - {E5D12C4E-7B4F-11D3-B5C9-0050045C3C96} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\YAHOO!\MESSENGER\YPAGER.EXE
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Yahoo! Messenger - {E5D12C4E-7B4F-11D3-B5C9-0050045C3C96} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\YAHOO!\MESSENGER\YPAGER.EXE
O16 - DPF: {74D05D43-3236-11D4-BDCD-00C04F9A3B61} (HouseCall Control) - http://a840.g.akamai.net/7/840/537/2004061…all/xscan53.cab


4/1/05 12:47:27 PM) SPSeHjFix started v1.1.1
(4/1/05 12:47:27 PM) OS: Win98SE A (4.10.2222)
(4/1/05 12:47:27 PM) Language: english


(4/1/05 12:48:27 PM) SPSeHjFix started v1.1.1
(4/1/05 12:48:27 PM) OS: Win98SE A (4.10.2222)
(4/1/05 12:48:27 PM) Language: english
(4/1/05 12:48:29 PM) Disinfection started
(4/1/05 12:48:29 PM) Bad-Dll(IEP): (not found)
(4/1/05 12:48:29 PM) Bad-Dll(IEP) in BHO: (not found)
(4/1/05 12:48:29 PM) UBF: 4
(4/1/05 12:48:29 PM) UBB: 2
(4/1/05 12:48:29 PM) UBR: 19
(4/1/05 12:48:29 PM) Bad IE-pages: (none)
(4/1/05 12:48:29 PM) Stealth-String found: C:\WINDOWS\JAUTOEJP.DAT
(4/1/05 12:48:29 PM) Temp-Files delete on Reboot
(4/1/05 12:48:29 PM) File added to delete: c:\windows\jautoejp.dat
(4/1/05 12:48:29 PM) File added to delete: c:\windows\temp\~df3847.tmp
(4/1/05 12:48:29 PM) Reboot
(4/1/05 12:49:48 PM) SPSeHjFix 2nd Step
(4/1/05 12:49:48 PM) Stealth-String not present. Disinfection succesfully
(4/1/05 12:52:58 PM) Cleaned
Your log looks OK now. See if this helps with the speed. Click here to download System Security Suite. Extract it from the zip file into a folder and doubleclick on sss.exe. Check the boxes under the 'Items to Clear' tab and click 'Clear Selected Items'. You will be prompted to reboot, do so.

Let me know.
Hi Daemon. Thanks again for you help. I downloaded the System Security Suite, but how do I know which boxes to check? In the "Items to Clear" tab, is it pretty much safe to check them all? And what about the "Auto Run Tasks" ? Some of those I don't even know what they are. Should I just leave them alone or can you tell me which ones to check? The computer seems to be running alot better. It is still slow booting up and surfing. I even had it shut off on me like I had unplugged it. But that has only happened once so far. I am having problems deleting my Norton Anti virus, but I have instructions from Symantec to delete the files in safe mode. It would not delete when I tried to remove from the program list. I will work on that next. Thanks again for all your help.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI