This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

uninstall question

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I have a zipped file of Regseeker loaded to my desktop. It was recommended that I place it there by a Tom coyote tech advisor for dealing a virus infection some time ago. I have been experiencing system speed and processing issues resently which I am working to identify in another HJT post. (HJT Log Please adivse). My point is that, I am uninstalling as much extra software to free space and memory to see it this will aid in processor speed. can I simply delete (right click) regseeker from my desktop with out damaging associated registry files it may be attached to? It is not listed under Add/Remove Programs tool.
Great! If I have an another unzipped file of regseeker is also loaded on the desktop, can I still right click delete? Again, neither version shows up in the add/remove utility. Somehow in my attempt to obtain this application I downloaded a zipped and regular file of the application. The regular file has all the associated files such as addfix remove, back-up, languages, etc., with it Its association to the Registry has me very nervous. Can you also explain the advantage to loading an application to the desktop? It seems that trying to unitstall it is only more difficult! What is the best and safest method for removing an application from desktop?

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI