Homer v1.1 has been released 8-10-2006.

Homer is a LocalHost webserver.

Homer listens to IP address 127.0.0.1 on port 80 for Http requests and serves up an image of your choice to your webbrowser. If you block Ads with a gigantic Hosts file - Homer is for you i.e.. Homer can dramatically improve the speed of your browsing experience

New:
  • Two command line switches.
  • “L” - will start Homer with logging enabled.
  • “m” - will start Homer Minimized.
These additions were a users request and I find it quite cool myself.

These switches can be used in a short-cut for instance:
  • Make a shortcut to Homer.
  • -Right Click on the Shortcut.
  • -Next to “Target” you’ll see something like “C\where I put it\Homer.exe”
  • -Simply add an l and/or an m after the last quote, separating them with a space like so:
    “C\where I put it\Homer.exe” l m
  • Hit Apply and you are finished.
If you’d like Homer to start at start-up, copy the shortcut and paste it into your Start-up folder and you are good to go.

[external image: Posted Image] Homer