A while back I sent a word doc with a picture on it to someone and it ended up freezing or something and ever since I can not get into Word. It starts to open then it says it has encountered a problem and must shut down. I can open the documents in word pad though but they're not in the correct format. I don't think it's virus related. Something's just messed up.
Can anyone help? I really need to get it working again.
Thanks!
You say you "sent" a document. Did you do this through the File - Send To function.
If so, did you send it "To mail receiptiant" or "to mail receipiant as attachment" ?
If you did, the document may still be hung up in your email client "OutBox"
For instance if you use Outlook or Outlook Express, take a look in the OutBox of those clients.
It may be stuck there, still trying to be sent.
Maybe your Clipboard is full. Open Clipboard and empty it.
Maybe you could use Windows explorer to Rename the .doc file and then open the newly named file in Word.
Can you open other and new documents in Word?
Let us know what you find.
Best Regards
Thanks for the reply and suggestions.
I had forgotten to mention that I'd been trying to send it as an email attachment, but never could because something happened to Word during the process. I just had to delete the email , so unfortunately it's not stuck in the outbox. Now I can't open ANY word document or start any new ones. It won't open at all. When I click on the desktop icon, it starts to open, but then just closes down.
Where's the clipboard? Does word have to be open to empty it? If so, I won't be able to.
Thanks again.
Hi Jenney,
Often the first and best remedy with application programs like MS Office / Word is to use Add/Remove to uninstall completely, and then re-install the application program (Word).
Of course, you'll need the MS installation CD and the Product Identification Key to re-install Word.
Let us know if that helps.
Best Regards