I believe I suffered yet another Malware attack. My DVD/CD burner has completely forgottent that it has recording capabilities. Even if i re-install the driver, i have no options anywhere to enable recording. THis happened very suddenly, and i am not sure when.
I have a Toshiba Satellite, am running WIndows XP media center edition. My burner is a matshita DVDRAM UJ-841S. I am running Norton 360 as well as WInpatrol. I have no idea what to do, please help.
I have HJT installed if you need to see a report.
THank you.
In the right panel, you will see several boxes that have been checked. Uncheck the following …
Sections
IAT/EAT
Drives/Partition other than Systemdrive (typically C:\)
Show All (don't miss this one)
Then click the Scan button & wait for it to finish.
Once done click on the [Save..] button, and in the File name area, type in "Gmer.txt" or it will save as a .log file which cannot be uploaded to your post.
Save it where you can easily find it, such as your desktop, and post it in your next reply.
**Caution**
Rootkit scans often produce false positives. Do NOT take any action on any "<— ROOKIT" entries