I'm suffering from not being able to start my computer up properly. When I log on I arrive on my Desktop as normal but then nothing.
I've had to go into safemode to post this log.
Any help would be appreciated.
Hi askahlon,
Bummer of a problem. And as LeoPH comments, it could be caused by a huge variety of things.
One thing to consider is whether or not you have valuable files and data that you wish to retain, that could possibly be lost in a reinstallation. Sure, MS tells you how to do a Repair installation that won't loose your DATA, but things "can" go wrong.
If you wish to attempt solution, short of reinstalling your operating system, there are a few things you could do.
So if you are able, back up any valueable files and data.
The following is an MS embedded tool to examine the Operating System.
System File Checker is part of Windows File Protection that does a comprehensive Operating System scan to determine that OS files are free of corruption and located in the proper place in the system.
SFC can be run from SAFE Mode.
To run SFC:
Start - Run - (type)sfc /scannow
A DOS-like screen will pop up briefly and then disappear.
Then a Windows File Protection "progress bar" will appear and track the progress of this scan.
If SFC finds no missing or corrupt Operating System files, it will just disappear when finished.
If SFC does identify a missing or corrupt Operating System file that needs to be replaced, it will call for you to insert your Operating System installation CD.
Let us know the results of this SFC procedure.
If necessary, we can follow up with additional steps.
Best Regards
Hi Dough,
Thanks for your reply.
I have tried SFC and nothing was found.
Also, the only way I can use my computer is if I use Fixwareout from safe mode- the system restarts back in normal mode. After turning the computer off and on again I encounter the same problem.
If this problem can not be resolved I have no problem in reinstalling the system.
Thanks again.
Ooops! WareOut is a hugely aggressive and mean malware infection that is downloaded from spoof popups that try to trick the owner/user to download their malicious tool, which they claim will solve all your computer problems, but which actually create some dreadful problems.
You should post a HJT IMMEDIATELY over in the HJT Forum!
Best Regards
I see that you've already had a HJT post and received help from an advisor who already helped you Remove Wareout.
In fact the Advisor also already made the suggestion to Run SFC, and already expressed puzzlement that he has never heard of anyone having to use the routine of running FixWareOut while in SAFE Mode in order to get a good boot into Normal. Thereby directing you over here to this forum.
I don't want to run you in circles, so here is one step you can take while I go do some additional research…
I wonder if you have something in Temp or Temporary Internet Files that is re-infecting?
Here's a safe and thorough routine for clearing out potentially nasty junk files.
I know there are some handy automated programs like AFT Cleaner, CCleaner, and CleanUp! 4.50 that you could use, but will you please do the cleanup manually this time?
To clean out all the temporary files and cookies on your system.
Go to
Start - Run - (type) "cleanmgr" without the quotes.
Let it scan your system for files to remove.
Check these three boxes and then press ok to remove:
Temporary Files,
Temporary Internet Files,
Recycle Bin.
Then GoTo:
Start - Find/search - Files or folders - in the named box, type: *.tmp
When the list is generated, choose
Edit - select all - File - delete.
Note: If you cannot delete them all at once because you have too many, then click and hold ctrl and highlight a batch of them at a time. Once highlighted, R-click over the highlight and select delete.
Then use
Start - Run - (type) "%temp%" (without the quotes).
Delete the entire contents of that "temp" folder
(use Edit - Select All - press "Delete", click "Yes").
Then,
Empty your Temporary Internet Cache completely.
Close all instances of Outlook and Internet Explorer,
then use "Control Panel - Internet Options - General tab and click the "Delete File" button.
When prompted place a check in: "Delete all offline content", then click OK.
Then, use Windows Explorer to clean out ALL the other temp folders on your system
(navigate to the folder, (as listed below)
use "Edit - Select All", press "Delete", click "Yes"
* C:\Documents and Settings\\Local Settings\Temp\
* C:\Documents and Settings\\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\
* C:\Documents and Settings\\Local Settings\Temp\
Hi Askahlon,
I've asked Ken to look in on your HJT Thread again.
I am concerned that you may still have Wareout still operating in your system, even thought the HJT does not display it at this time.
Ken will be posting to recommend some utilities for you to run to further clean things up.
Check your HJT Post thread.
Best Regards