This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
What the Tech Community

Ongoing Hijacking

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

I am new here and not familiar with forum discussion nor copying and pasting.. The problem is that my home page is continually being changed..I can fix it with Spybot S&D or Adaware or both but it comes back up at some point a few hours later..I currently have a start up list minimized but totally unsure how to cut & paste it to the forum and I am not about to remove anything from the list.. Can anyone help ?
Create a folder (suggest "C:\HJT" ) for Hijack This!.

Click on the link (from my signature) and download the program into that folder.

Run the program, and click "Scan".

DO NOT "FIX" ANYTHING YET!

Then click "Save log". After the log is saved, it will appear in a Notepad editor window.

In the Notepad editor window, simply: RIGHT CLICK> Select all > RIGHT CLICK > copy

Start a new thread in the forum for Hijack This! logs.

In the "Enter your post" box: RIGHT CLICK > paste

It's that easy. :)