This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Computer hanged after installation of ZoneAlarm 6.5

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Dear sir/madam,

Recently I tried to upgrade my ZoneAlarm v4.x to the latest version (v6.5) downloaded from Zonelab. Upon installation it was prompted to restarted the computer. However, after entering the Windows for 1-2 min, it would get hanged. I restarted the computer again but the case was even worse (couldn't enter Windows, just hanged after the Windows loading screen). Finally I have to reboot the PC to safe mode and uninstall ZoneAlarm, then everything back to normal. Anything wrong with my computer? How can I get back my firewall software?

Regards

yanyan
Some applications require that you uninstal the older version and then instal the later version. Not sure if that is the case with Zone Alarm but you can try to do that, if all else fails. Would also check Zone Alarm's forums (if there is one) for answer to this problem. By the way, is the latest version, a Beta? If so it could be still having some issues (bugs). Regards Jay
I support jnulu's recommendation and have seen others encounter similar situations that were resolved with uninstallation and reinstallation. I'm not saying that there may not be other issues in your situation, but jnulu's recommendation is a good start.

Best Regards

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI