This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Out of control email

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

My sister sent me ONE email (she says) 2 days ago. So far, I have deleted the same email over 200 times. It will not stop comming to my account. all I can do is delete, over and over again. What is God's name is wrong, and how can I stop this email??????? At first it was funny, now I am ready to scream! :rant:
You can't "stop" another PC from sending you email. The best you can do is put the sender on your "SPAM" list (if your email service has such a feature). Unfortunately, that would block all emails from that sender. Three questions come to mind: 1. Has your antivirus detected any virus present in the email? 2. Has any virus or malware been found on the "sending" PC recently? 3. If she sends you another, does it get sent over and over, or is it just that one particular email? :unsure:
She has sent me email before, and this has not happened. I wanted to make sure it was her! I added her to my spam blocker (Mailmate) and have bounced back over 200 to her. I finally stopped, thinking "gee, maybe that is too cruel". LOL She is out of town until tonight so I will ask her to fix her problem then. Meanwhile, I will keep deleting…not bouncing back as tempted! Thanks for your reply! I am glad it is not my computer. Oh, and no virus's were found. Thanks!! Jin :thumbup:
Maybe she should visit the "Malware Removal" forum here, and post a HijackThis! log.

I don't know what software she uses, but it's possible she's got that email "stuck" in her "emails to be sent queue".
:scratch:

I used to have AOL, and it had a "send email later" feature.

If it's not a virus or malware, that leaves few other possibilities:

1. Operator error on her part. That's NOT meant to demean her computer skills in any fashion. It's just a "possibility".

2. Software malfunction.

I can't think of many other possibilities at the moment.
:scratch:
Go ahead, demean her! She's an idio! :rofl: Thanks for all the help. Now I will tell her to go get some herself! I told her about the site and malware programs available. Hopefully she will use them before sending me more mail!

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI