Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93081 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Out of control email

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Jinniyah

Jinniyah

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 29 July 2006 - 05:20 AM

My sister sent me ONE email (she says) 2 days ago. So far, I have deleted the same email over 200 times. It will not stop comming to my account. all I can do is delete, over and over again. What is God's name is wrong, and how can I stop this email??????? At first it was funny, now I am ready to scream! :rant:

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Micah_6:8

Micah_6:8

Evilware Emancipator

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,060 posts
  • Interests:Web (Perl, PHP, JavaScript, HTML) programming, CNC programming, Squashing spyware!

Posted 29 July 2006 - 06:47 AM

You can't "stop" another PC from sending you email. The best you can do is put the sender on your "SPAM" list (if your email service has such a feature). Unfortunately, that would block all emails from that sender. Three questions come to mind: 1. Has your antivirus detected any virus present in the email? 2. Has any virus or malware been found on the "sending" PC recently? 3. If she sends you another, does it get sent over and over, or is it just that one particular email? :unsure:
Micah 6:8 He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

The help you receive here is free.
If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online.

Want to help others? Join the ClassRoom and learn how.

Download Hijack This! My Website: UnSpyMe!

#3 Jinniyah

Jinniyah

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 29 July 2006 - 07:31 AM

She has sent me email before, and this has not happened. I wanted to make sure it was her! I added her to my spam blocker (Mailmate) and have bounced back over 200 to her. I finally stopped, thinking "gee, maybe that is too cruel". LOL She is out of town until tonight so I will ask her to fix her problem then. Meanwhile, I will keep deleting...not bouncing back as tempted! Thanks for your reply! I am glad it is not my computer. Oh, and no virus's were found. Thanks!! Jin :thumbup:

#4 Micah_6:8

Micah_6:8

Evilware Emancipator

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,060 posts
  • Interests:Web (Perl, PHP, JavaScript, HTML) programming, CNC programming, Squashing spyware!

Posted 29 July 2006 - 07:40 AM

Maybe she should visit the "Malware Removal" forum here, and post a HijackThis! log.

I don't know what software she uses, but it's possible she's got that email "stuck" in her "emails to be sent queue".
:scratch:

I used to have AOL, and it had a "send email later" feature.

If it's not a virus or malware, that leaves few other possibilities:

1. Operator error on her part. That's NOT meant to demean her computer skills in any fashion. It's just a "possibility".

2. Software malfunction.

I can't think of many other possibilities at the moment.
:scratch:
Micah 6:8 He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

The help you receive here is free.
If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online.

Want to help others? Join the ClassRoom and learn how.

Download Hijack This! My Website: UnSpyMe!

#5 Jinniyah

Jinniyah

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 29 July 2006 - 05:47 PM

Go ahead, demean her! She's an idio! :rofl: Thanks for all the help. Now I will tell her to go get some herself! I told her about the site and malware programs available. Hopefully she will use them before sending me more mail!