Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93081 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Yahoo Email Virus.!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Crow

Crow

WTT Tech Emeritus

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts
  • Interests:I play golf, I like to fish tournaments (or donate). I am a Certified Applicator by day, and electronics tech after 5.

Posted 02 August 2003 - 06:23 AM

Just recieved an email from the nice folks at Yahoo- it says You may have recently recieved or may recieve an email with the words "Your account" from an email addy such as "Admin@sbcglobal, Admin@swbell. Admin@yahoo.. etc..with an attachment usually labeled "message.zip". ..goes on to say delete the email.. dont open attachment's... report it to yahoo. Thought everyone should know..

"I am not sure what these four 9's mean.. but I think this Ace is kinda high"

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Zero

Zero

Not really Less Than One ;-)

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 268 posts
  • Interests:Long walks on the beach.

Posted 03 August 2003 - 10:51 AM

Ugh, Spoofers.
Posted Image

#3 padawan

padawan

Aluria Tester

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Interests:Anything Interesting...

Posted 03 August 2003 - 11:35 AM

Yep, I can second it. I've seen the same thing where I work in the past couple days and they did the same thing, tagging admin on to the front of the company site and saying something in effect of "This email account is going to be deactivated, please open the zip file to see details" Has the potential to be ugly and cause problems to those not knowing its a spoof. :angry:

#4 Galadriel

Galadriel

CEO - Chief Elvish Officer

• Visiting Fellow
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 03 August 2003 - 02:52 PM

It's been classified by MS as being W32/Mimail@mm

Source - This MS page

Cheers
I amar prestar aen. Han mathon ne nen. Han mathon ne chae. A han noston ne 'wilith. - Galadriel

'The world is changed; I can feel it in the water, I can feel it in the earth, I can smell it in the air.'