This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Discussion

Yahoo Email Virus.!

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Just recieved an email from the nice folks at Yahoo- it says You may have recently recieved or may recieve an email with the words "Your account" from an email addy such as "Admin@sbcglobal, Admin@swbell. Admin@yahoo.. etc..with an attachment usually labeled "message.zip". ..goes on to say delete the email.. dont open attachment's… report it to yahoo. Thought everyone should know..
Yep, I can second it. I've seen the same thing where I work in the past couple days and they did the same thing, tagging admin on to the front of the company site and saying something in effect of "This email account is going to be deactivated, please open the zip file to see details" Has the potential to be ugly and cause problems to those not knowing its a spoof. :angry: