There is no "Snapfish" removal utility in Add/Remove programs. And registering doesn't make the nag windows go away. I'll try reinstalling Firefox when I have time.
Thanks again for everything. You've been a life saver.
Please leave this thread open for a few days, as you suggested, lest I have any more problems/questions.
Blessings,
Bob
You can try that, it may work for Firefox
Forgot to mention, after you remove Firefox with the Add-Remove programs, then go into C:\Program Files and delete the Mozella Firefox folder.
Ken
Hi, Ken.
Reinstall of Firefox didn't get rid of my Snapfish problem. And I did delete the Mozilla folder as well.
Somewhere, the computer stores a "profile" of my Mozilla browser. Do you know where that is? Apparently, I didn't delete it because the reinstall put all my bookmarks and options back as they were before. In other words, it wasn't a clean install.
I exported my bookmarks, expecting to have to import them after the new install, but they were already in the new install.
Again, this matter is fairly low on the priority list as spyware/problems go, but it is annoying. Any other ideas to solve this would be appreciated.
Thanks again for getting rid of my major problem.
Bob
Go into My Computer > C: > Documents and Settings > and look in each folder for every user in the Application Data folder. You will have to have windows enabled to show all files and folders.
* Click on My Computer
* Then on your C: Drive
* Then to Tools/ Folder Options/ View
* Choose the radio button to Show Hidden Files and Folders
* Take the checkmark out of Hide Extensions for Known File Types
* Then Apply/ OK
Hope you find this out, I am getting curious myself about this.
Bob,
Thank you for those kind words. Glad all is well. Yes you can flush out System Restore, dont forget to make a new restore point.
Ken….who can now go finish his beer
Glad we could be of assistance. This topic is now closed. If you wish it reopened, please send us an email (Click for address) with a link to your thread.
Do not bother contacting us if you are not the topic starter. A valid, working link to the closed topic is required along with the user name used. If the user name does not match the one in the thread linked, the email will be deleted.
Make sure you use proper prevention to keep from having problems occur to your computer in the future.