This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

windows 95/98 emmulator need to play Linkspro cd on xp home system

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1 Scan saved at 5:31:19 PM, on 7/20/2006 Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600) MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180) My daughter made it sound so easy, "just go download a win 95/98 emmulator," but true to my screen name, I'm totally in the dark. My game freezes up. The sound remains choppy even after configuring the sound card. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Toostupid
Oops! looks like I might have misunderstood your question.

Links Pro (with a space between Links and Pro) is a Macintosh software CD that you wish to run on a Windows PC?

Here's a site that looks like it can fix you up:
http://www.emulators.com/

Is that more in line with what you're looking for?
Or perhaps you already have a Mac emulator and are trying to improve the configuration?

Looks like the website I linked above offers Mac emulators that run on Win 98 and others that run on Win2k/XP.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards
Hello Dough. Actually what I have is Links Pro CD an MS-Dos version. (Formerly Links Pro 386) I installed it through command prompt in dos. I was told since I have xp that I would need a 95/98 dos emmulator so this older program would run properly. I currently get Abnormal program termination…memory protection fault errors and the system (or program) locks up. Does any of this make sense to you? All I can find are emmulators for Mac, like you said. Any suggestions, other than toss the old disk? (It really was a good game, from what I remember. Thanks
Please refer to the link in my first reply, about half way down the page:

Take a look, follow the steps Microsoft recommends, give it a try. Success is not guaranteed. :(
here's the opening excerpt:

How to Run MS-DOS-based Games on Windows XP
Running MS-DOS-based games on Windows XP can be even trickier than running Windows 9x-based games. Windows XP was simply not made to run MS-DOS-based programs. But that doesn't mean all hope is lost. Many MS-DOS-based games will run on Windows XP and a community out there is dedicated to smoothing the way.


Best Regards
Maybe watch the classified ads and garage/yard sails. Lots of people are dumping their old Pentium and Pentium II machines that run Windows 3.11, Win95 and some Win98. Maybe you can pick up a bargain! :)

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI