This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Possible source of infection?

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I was wondering if the sites pogo.com, gamesville.com, slingo.com, RealArcade, or bigfishgames.com, could possibly be sources for infection. A few family members frequent these sites, and I was wondering if these could have caused some minor problems I've had in the past. One thing that used to pop up all the time, though hasn't in quite a while, is Java/ByteVerify. It would get picked up by AVG but couldn't be fixed by it, so I end up manually deleting it with Eraser. (it, rather than deleting a file by normal meathods, overwrites the file with random binary making several methods.)
I cannot say about any of the others, but you can take Pogo off the "possible source of infection" list. We spend a lot of time there, and I can verify that it's "safe". :)

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI