Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93081 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Spyware & Viruses Recieved From Ratemybody.com

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 SWAIZE

SWAIZE

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 April 2004 - 08:15 PM

When viewing someones profile and picture from a FOTKI.com users album, I went to a link they posted for additional profile and pictures, and upon arriving at www.ratemybody.com, my McAfee alerted me to a virus detected & cleaned. My computer immediately received several other software installs from the virus, and it also continuously is getting pop ups, and running slow. A helper here is aiding me to clean it up, but before learning all this, I checked RateMyBody.com again on my other computer, and it immediately began behaving similarly, and McAfee detedted a virus also, and cleaned it, though neither computer is cleaned completely. Anyone else experiencing similar experiences? Can anyone check ratemybody.com and see if that site is infecting visitors on purpose, or from some users? SWAIZE

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 getsteppin

getsteppin

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • Interests:Being able to climb out of bed on any given day.

Posted 01 May 2004 - 12:19 AM

Oh Yah....I'll put my system in the HOLE to check it for you.... Ill call you when i have something getsteppin ;)
MSI 266 K7 KT4 V mother board XP HOME SP2//1.2gig AMD/DURON..Does OK 786 SDRAM/SGDRAM 128 bit/333DDR ATI/Radon 9600SE card...well worth $$$ BitDefender Standard 8..awesome!! Puts Norton/Symantic to shame OutPost Firewall Pro ver. 2.5.370.4626 (370) AD-AWARE SE Personal MailWasher PRO..killer!! Benign (.b9) e-mail encoder.. requires no definiton updates..the best defense against e-mail buggs,virus's, attachments, web buggs and stuff I cant remember... from FireTrust.com

#3 missmell75

missmell75

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 29 July 2004 - 11:02 AM

i'll be damned!!!!! i just cleaned my system with the help of this site. I AM AN RMB MEMBER!! i KNEW it i knew it i knew it!!! well ok i didn't know about the virus thing, but i knew i was getting loads of spyware from there. i had 5 trogans on my computer!! and when i downloaded the newer addaware, i think when i scanned today it said there were almost 300 items removed since my first scan i think it was the night before last night i started the clean up. thanks for letting me know, i will post in the forums at RMB warning everyone to do an online virus scan and notify the admin of RMB. i don't know if it's the RMB site itself or if like you said it could be some users. but i'll try my best to find out. dayam it i went back yesterday too! now i have to do a scan again! uuuuuggggghhhhh figures! thanks for the headsup though.