This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Unmountable_Boot_Volume error

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi, Saturday nite I shut my Toshiba [Satellite 1805 that's 2 yrs old] laptop down. Sunday morning it wouldn't start. Today, I tried to start it again and FINALLY got to read the blue screen which said Unmountable Boot Volume. I restarted w/f8 and managed to get the computer to get to a:\> and it recognizes the CD drive as Q I can't find the hard drive at all from the prompt :rant2: It's got Hijack on it but I can't find the hard drive to run it :scratch: Help from Maine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reading the Readme.txt file on the CD says that if I choose Option 2 to Boot from CD, then it will erase the hard disk and I've got some files I don't want to lose. :oops:

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI