Nettie724
Topic Starter
Hi, WTT!
Yes, I'm back again. I'm actually seeking help for my sister. She purchased a Dell Laptop in '06. The OS is Win XP Home edition. I'm not sure about the RAM. She just dropped it off over here to ask me to see if I can get it back up and running. She let her kids play online games on it. They also used it for MySpace. I knew I wouldn't be able to but was hoping that you could help me somehow even with the little info that I have given you. I powered it on and typed in the password and it just went to this blue screen which has this message in it:
A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.
UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME
If this is the first time you've seen this Stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:
Check to make sure any new hardward or software is properly installed. If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows updates you might need.
If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS memor options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup Options, and then select Safe Mode.
Tecnical Information:
***STOP: 0x000000ED (0x8233A030,0xc0000006,0x00000000,0x00000000)
Again, please let me know if there is anything I can find out for you. I will also attempt to get more info from her and the children.
Thanks
Denise
Yes, I'm back again. I'm actually seeking help for my sister. She purchased a Dell Laptop in '06. The OS is Win XP Home edition. I'm not sure about the RAM. She just dropped it off over here to ask me to see if I can get it back up and running. She let her kids play online games on it. They also used it for MySpace. I knew I wouldn't be able to but was hoping that you could help me somehow even with the little info that I have given you. I powered it on and typed in the password and it just went to this blue screen which has this message in it:
A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.
UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME
If this is the first time you've seen this Stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:
Check to make sure any new hardward or software is properly installed. If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows updates you might need.
If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS memor options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup Options, and then select Safe Mode.
Tecnical Information:
***STOP: 0x000000ED (0x8233A030,0xc0000006,0x00000000,0x00000000)
Again, please let me know if there is anything I can find out for you. I will also attempt to get more info from her and the children.
Thanks
Denise