This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Copy to dvd says"cannot connect to hardware access layer

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Sony DRM rootkit let several trojans attack my computer, though AVG caught them i temporarily lost both my cd and dvdroms in Dev Manager. As soon as I got rid of DRM rootkit I got back the use of both drives but now Copy To Dvd gives a message when I try to open the program "cannot connect to hardware access layer" 1.I uninstalled Copy To Dvd(and 1Click DVD Copy as well as they both came in a bundle) reinstalled them, 2. I found an updated version of Copy To Dvd and installed that, 3. I tried to force a patin couffin install. But still get that message. 4. I also flashed the roms to see if that would help but it didnt 5. I even uninstalled the rom drivers and the IDE channel drivers but this did not help either XP Pro is my OS I have used Ewido spybot adaware and Xoftspy and windows defender and Hijackthis(with help) to check my computer I also used rootkit revealer and seem to be clean now AVG is my AV Zonelabs is my firewall The rom drives play games and videos just fine. (so far)I just cant burn any cd's or dvd's now. And I dont have any other burning software. I paid for Copy to DVD but they have not been very helpful, so I was thinking it might be a system file problem. Does anyone have any ideas? At all? Help Please! I am so frustrated. sorry for the long post thanks for any consideration sherryt
you might try updating/reinstalling your ide drivers, if you know who made your chipset like nvidia, VIA, Ali etc, also look in device manager under IDE controllers for any flags

I even uninstalled the rom drivers and the IDE channel drivers but this did not help either

nevermind, looks like you already tried that

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI