This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

BIOS password problem

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I have an old laptop which I am giving away, at the moment it requires a password before it will boot, I have this password but I am looking to take this out and the new user can then use a windows password if they prefer. It is a laptop Toshiba 440CDT Operating Win 98 I can access the BIOS ok and there is a box with password and the word `registered` I presume the blank box next to `registered` is where my password is but how do I take it out so it will not require it in order to boot. Any help appreciated

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI